Chapter 8

Tobias' POV

I see Tris' body lying on the ground.

Covered in blood.

My Tris.

My only happiness.

My only love.

I collapsed to my knees and carefully pick her up in my arms. I check for a pulse. Her heart is going way too fast then, skipping a beat then, going to slow, and repeat.

I keep only arm under her neck for support and the other under her knees. I carry her to the infirmary.

Don't die on me Beatrice Prior!

I need you.

I love you.

Please.

I finally get there and I walk in.

I lie her on one of the beds on her stomach and hear her cry out in pain.

Tears come to my eyes. I hurt her.

I hurt my Tris. My sweet, lovely, Tris.

- - - PAGE BREAK- - -

Tris' POV

I wake up to bright lights on, shining down on my face. I remember looking back behind me and seeing Peter.

Peter tried to kill me.

Oh my God.

I try to sit up but bursts of pain shoot through my body. That makes me stay down.

I look to my left and see Tobias asleep in a chair He's holding my hand. I smile a little.

I look to my right and see Uriah asleep in a chair with Marlene asleep too. I smile bigger at how these guys are so cute.

I look down see I'm in a new clean shirt. I slide my hand out of Tobias' grasp and lift my shirt some to see where I got stabbed.

Yup a clean stab all the way through Right under my ribs.

I'm wrapped in white bandages all the way around my torso. Blood starts seeping through the bandages and I sigh.

Peter stabbed me

Was this is plain the whole time?

Peter's POV

As much as I want to make sure she okay I can't.

I got stuck with the initiates and showing them how to shoot guns.

they all pretty much suck, but Luna and Ash are really good with it though.

The questions about yesterday never end.

I saw Tris get stabbed.

She was stabbed by a girl.

The girl looked about 14, she had long black and purple hair that reached her hips. She ran off within seconds of the stabbing. I didn't see her face though. I looked all morning for a girl with black and purple hair and I got nothing.
Damn it, if I wasn't in love with Tris I wouldn't have cared. But I do.

I want to see Tris so badly but, Four, would probably kick my ass for even trying to see if she was okay.

Luna stops and walks over to me handing me her gun.

"Why did you stop? I didn't say to stop." I say with a frown.

"There are no more bullets." She says, she has this small…accent...russian I think. Where the hell did she get that kind of accent?

"Oh. Then sit by the wall and wait for the others to finish." I tell her. How do we run out of bullets?

She walks over to the wall and sits on the ground, pulling one leg up and the other laying out on the ground. She let her arm hang over her knee and leans back on the wall.

Ash stops too, sets his gun down, and walks to her and they talk.

One by one everyone finishes and the only one still going is Violet. She's having such a hard time trying to aim it's quite, sad honestly.

"Stop!" I yell. She jumps and drops the gun, and the gun clatters on the floor. I walk over to her and lean close to her face.

"What the hell was that Stiff?" She shakes in terror. Good. "Answer me!"

"I-i-i've just n-n-never shot a g-g-gun bef-f-fore." She shudders and looks down. I shake my head disappointed. I turn the Initiates on the wall.

"This is what a failure looks like. Take it in. Memorize it. Here in Dauntless we don't take very much liking to failures," I look to Luna, "Luna stand in front of the target." She gets up and walks over, and stands in front of it with her back pressed to it.

She shows no fear or emotion in general. I turn back to Violet.

"Violet, pick up the gun and shoot. If you hit Luna or miss the target, you will instantly become factionless. Understand?"
She nods and picks the gun up and holds it in front of her. She breaths in and aims, Breathes out and fires.

A scream fills the room.