Part 27

That music gave me the feels for this chapter! Enjoy 😊

I felt empty. As if my emotions were drained away with the blood I have spilt just a couple days ago. Every time I look at my hands I can see blood on them. I think I'm going insane. Just like my mate was.

But the worse part wasn't that. It was my part inside of me where regret lived. And it was empty as well. After killing that poor soul I felt nothing. No worry, no regret nothing. I think I'm insane. Like my mate is.

It was a second day after the welcome incident and I was sitting in my new room. The room that I had to share with him. Just thinking about him makes me puke. Why was I given this kind of a mate? Is this some bullshit that I have to go through to be happy? Or is this Karma for running away?

I was brought back from my thoughts by a girl walking with food into the room. Our eyes met and I saw hatred in her eyes.

'You need to eat' she said sternly but I simply turned away. I had no appetite and ate only if it was necessary.

'Don't want to' I replied with my voice hoarse from not talking. I heard the girl scoff.

'Just get over it. It was his fault for being stupid. It's just life' she said and my body stiffened. I felt anger raising up and I slowly turned to the girl. Fear flashed through her eyes but she quickly hid it. But her heart rate and shallow breathing was a huge give away.

'Have you ever killed someone with your own hands?' I asked my voice cold and calm while standing up. I saw her fear coming back but this time she couldn't hide it. Me being the maniac's mate and killing a person did gave me an infamous reputation.

'No, Luna' she said her hands playing with fingers out of nervousness.

'Then don't fucking talk about life with me!' I shouted throwing her brought food to her releasing all my anger. The food hit her and she wimpered. The plates shatered and I saw blood running down her cheeks. The dead kid flashed through my mind and I quickly turned away.

'Leave' I said my voice cold and calm. I could hear the girl running away sobbing. Nothing. I felt nothing towards her. No remorse. I put my hands into my hair and closed my eyes.

I'm such a mess.......

Suddenly I felt strong arms around my waist and opened my eyes lowering my hands at the same time. Chocolate and mint.

'What do you want?' I asked looking straight into the wall.

'You attacked the girl' he said to my ear and I could feel his warm breath fanning my ear.

'Her fault' I replied and started to wiggle my way out of his arms but he only tighten his grip.

'You wasted the food' he said his voice cold and I felt him placing a kiss on my neck.

'I wouldn't have eaten that anyway' I replied trying to get away from him using force. But that only caused him to chuckle and place another kiss.

'Are you trying to starve yourself?' He asked and I was turned around to face him. His eyes were black. It took me a moment to understand his emotions.

Lust.....

'No, I just don't have appetite' I said and took a step back only for him to take two steps towards me. I felt my back softly hit the wall behind me and I felt a small panic swelling inside my chest.

Trapped.....

He noticed it as well. Placing his hands beside my head he came closer to me. Our faces were an inch away from each other and I saw his eyes turn cold grey.

Serious....

'I don't like the sound of that. Is something is wrong?' He asked coldly looking straight into my eyes. He was intimidating with his body hovering over my small one.

'Nothing is wrong' I said quietly turning my head away from his. I couldn't stand his gaze. But my head was roughfly brought back and I hid the pain that shot through my chin with anger.

'Don't lie to me' he growled ' what's wrong?' He reasked his eyes with hint of red.

I guess all of my burdens cracked me and I felt courage overtake me.

'Everything is wrong! Everything!' I shouted into his face and expected a slap or a growl but a smirk appeared on his face and he kissed me. The lust from before was back but the kiss lasted only a few seconds.

'Perfect' he said with an insane smirk and left the room with me standing frozen and confused by the wall.