Ch. 8

It was already 2 in the morning, everyone went their separate ways, heading back to their rooms. All the boys were in bed, but me, Connor, Ricky, and Jack. Jc was exhausted and slipped into the bedroom.

"So dinner was interesting." Connor joked, I laughed and nudged his shoulder. I nodded my head, not saying a word.

"I'm not mad at Sam. I get that he has feelings for you, but it is a bit annoying. I mean Jc is scared of losing you..." Ricky said, my heart warmed up to what he said.

"When I look at Sam all I see is a guy I am close friends with. When I see Jc... I see someone I can spend the rest of my life with." I said, they smiled at what I said.

"I wouldn't worry about Sam. I mean have you seen my skills." I said jokingly as I flip over the chair, the boys burst into laughter.

"That flip you did over the table was awesome!" Jack said making me smile.

"Thanks, when I am late to class I like to flip over cars in the street." I said grabbing a water. The boys told me I was being idiotic for doing that, but I just laughed. I said goodnight to the boys and snuck into the bedroom, trying not to wake Jc.

I slid on shorts and a tank top, I pulled my hair into a ponytail and took off my makeup. Suddenly, I felt strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Coming to bed?" He whispered in my ear, his voice was raspy, sending chills down my spine. I smiled and turned to face him.

"Yeah in my bed." I said kissing his jaw line, he smiled and picked me up.

"Nope I'm not having that." He said setting me down on his bed, I went to jump onto my bed, but he grabbed me and wouldn't let me move. I laughed as he pinned me down and tickled me. His laugh blended with mine perfectly.

"Please?" He begged, I nodded as he jumped over me and slid under the covers. I slid under the warm blanket and smiled as he wrapped his arms around me tightly. I let me hair loose and put my head on his chest. His heart was racing which made me smile. I know I am the cause. He gives off a slight smell of Vanilla which makes me smile. I don't know why I just love the way he smells.

"Shelby?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I respond.

"Sam makes me feel intimidated." He admits. I smile, I can tell why.

"You shouldn't feel that way. He should feel that way toward you." I say looking at him, he moves to his side and looks down to me. I rest my head on his pillow and look right into his eyes.

"Why is that?" He asks curiously.

"Because he isn't you." I whisper tracing my fingers against his bicep. He smiled and leaned down, kissing my forehead.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you." I responded. He went back to his regular position and wrapped his arms tightly around me once again.

***

The next morning, I woke up to Connor dropping something in the kitchen. How do I know it's Connor? Because he is the only one who would be up this early dropping stuff. I smile and slide out of Jc's bed, he tossed a bit but turned over. I smiled at how adorable he looks when he sleeps, I hear Ricky come out of his room and snap at Connor to keep the noise down, then he slowly heads back to his bedroom.

I walk out of the room, closing the door quietly. As I head into the kitchen, Connor is cooking breakfast sandwiches. He has a giant black pan and the fire on high. I can feel the heat off the pan as it makes contact with my cold skin. I walk over and notice he is cooking ham and eggs, toasting the bread and covering it in butter.

"Morning." I say quietly. My voice a bit raspy. He smiles and hugs me with one arm.

"Good morning! Hungry?" He asks, I nod and smile. He hands me a giant platter of different breakfast sandwiches. Some with bacon, some with ham, some have cheese, some don't. I take a ham a cheese with egg and sit on the counter. 

"How did you sleep?" He asks trying to fill the silence. I smile and nod as I try not to talk with my mouth full.

"Great and you?" I ask.

"Perfect." He says cheerfully. I nod and lean against the wall. I hear one of the bedroom doors open and hope its Jc. It is. He rubs his eyes and says good morning to Connor, not noticing me sitting on the counter.

When he does see me his eyes light up which makes my heart race. He smiles and walks across the kitchen to me and rests his body in between my knees. He places his hand on my waist  and rests the other on the counter for support. Then he looks up at me. 

"Morning babe." He says kissing me lightly, his voice is even more raspy than last night, giving me goosebumps.

"Morning." I say, giving him a sweet smile before looking at Connor who is disturbed by our PDA.

"Sorry ConDaBon." I say messing up his hair, he laughs and focuses on his breakfast. I jump down and stand next to Connor.

"Let me make some!" I beg, he laughs again and backs away, giving me a nod. I start cracking eggs into a bowl before pouring is on the pan.

"Why do that? Why not crack it on the pan?" Connor asks observing.

"Because it makes it easier to get rid of shells in the egg. I won't burn myself picking out shells." I explain, he nods and sits on the counter. I feel Jc watching me closely and my cheeks flush red. I hear him giggle noticing my blush.

I hear Ricky get up and decide to start some trouble. I tell Connor to stand behind me which he quickly listens. I grab two eggs and wait for Ricky to walk in. When he does, I whip the eggs at him, he looks at himself in shock so I take the time to sprinkle him with cheese and a piece of ham. Jc and Connor are killing themselves laughing.

"OOPS." I say giving him an innocent look, he glares at me and clenches his fist.

"You are in so much trouble!" He says running at me. I use all the power in my legs to jump onto the counter and over Ricky, I push the door open and grab the hotel door, running out of the room. I head for the emergency stairs and jump down 5 stairs each. Ricky quickly running on my heels. I decide to jump a full set of stairs which was a bad idea....

Really bad....

As my feet land on the bottom step, I trip and fall down the stairs...A lot of stairs.

As I fall down the stairs I hear Jc scream my name. I just continue falling..

Suddenly everything goes black.