"Coffee was great."

"Yeah." He reaches for the mug and as he does so, his fingers overlap mine. The incident was brief, but for some reason it registered as a while in my mind. I'm not an idiot- I didn't exaggerate the situation. My eyes didn't widen, I didn't flinch and I didn't pull away perhaps as I should have. However, you could say I was partially paralyzed. The inside however, was a different case completely. Blood coursed too fast, heart beats were palpitating, stomach was knotting and brain was overloading. A combination that had me feeling instantly overwhelmed. Not in the way that school or Uni does, but in a way, where I didn't mind it. I was overwhelmed in a positive, good way.

"Are you walking to campus tomorrow morning?" He asks, fingers still grazing mine.

"Um," I can't think. I'm too focused on his touch. his hands are unbelievably warm, and create the perfect thermodynamic equilibrium between  my frozen ones. Just the thought makes blush.

"You walk on Mondays right?" Once I process his words, their full meaning register with me. He knows my schedule. And even though I should probably find that creepy, I don't.

"Yeah." I will myself to pull my hand away slowly as I take a couple of backward steps. Noah lets his fingers, circle around the mug as he nods.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I nod and wave to Mads, who I had subconsciously forgotten in the 'not so moment' moment.

I walk into my apartment and close the door behind me, and without look out, I head straight to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. Straight from the tap, I fill up a glass and gulf it down, not caring about the droplets the escape and rush down my chin in my haste. Then, after I place my glass down on the counter, my face breaks out into a smile, and I cover it with my hands as I laugh quietly alone.

I feel stupid, I do. Like the girls in stupid rom-coms that come home and squeal after a date. Obviously my context differs, but that's exactly how I feel. In fact if I was to follow a script, I'd jump up and down on my bed, then fall and lay on it, before calling my best friend and confessing all my gossip. I would've done that, but I don't trust the sturdiness of my bed frame, built by my best friend- Evan. I would never call Evan about something like this; I'm stupid, but I'm not insane.

With the smile still plastered to my face, I pick up my phone from the coffee table and head to my bedroom. I don't turn the light on; for some reason, I feel I can be as goofy as I want in the dark, where nothing can be seen- the light is too revealing, and I definitely want to keep these feelings in the dark, at least for now. Plugging my phone into the charger, I slide down the wall and sit on the floor as I dial mum's number.

"Hey, hun." She replies after three rings.

"Hi." I'm pretty sure she can hear my smile.

"How's it going? Studies alright?"

"Great. Everything's great." She laughs lightly against the speaker, which comes across the line as a muffled electronic rattle.

"That's good. What's got you in high spirits?" I smile wider at complementing telling her.

"Is Baba home?" I work my way around it.

"He went to the Lebanese bakery to get ful." She pauses. "What are you hiding?"

"I have something to tell you." I begin, "It's important." I stop, "Actually it's not really, but don't tell Baba." I laugh nervously as I pause.

"Hana, what is it?" She chuckles. "I won't tell your dad, I promise."

"Okay."

"Hana."

"I think. No, I do, I like Noah." I close my eyes and hold my breath, as my confession leaves me and travels through an invisible line.

"Noah, the boy next door?" I can hear her smiling, or maybe holding back a gleeful laugh.

"Yep." I'm embarrassed to be admitting it, but at the same time, it feels good to tell it to some one.

"Have you told him?" My eyes widen as her question.

"Obviously not."

"He's a great guy."

"I know."

"Do you know if he likes you?" I shake my head as a subtle frown settles between my eyebrows.

"No." I bite the inside of my cheek and pull my scarf off my head. "Do you think he would."

"I don't know." I nod to myself in agreement. We're both silent for a while, until mum asks, "So what are you going to do now?"

"About what?" I know exactly what.

"Noah, Hana."

"I don't know."

"Can you date him?" I roll my eyes

"Mum, no. You know that."

"Well we don't know if he'll marry you." She says bluntly.

"I know that."

"Then what's your plan."

"I don't have one. I just like him." I hear her sigh and I smile. "A lot."

"I don't think I can help you hun. This one's up to you. I'd tell you to go for it and tell him everything, maybe go out once or twice. But your dad probably has a say and your religion too."

"Right." I can hear background noise as I wait for a response.

"Your dad's home."

"Say hi to him. I'll call you another time."

"Alright. Love you."

"Love you." She hangs up as I  rest my head against the wall, and just like earlier today, I find myself travelling back to my most recent favorite memories. However, these one's have parts of uncertainty.

Mads seems nice. Given I don't know much to make full opinion about her, but I received mix signals from the way Noah acted around her. They're friends, maybe in the past more than that, but it seemed innocent enough. He's probably had the same group of friends for years, like him and Ed. It's when I remember Ed, that Mads name becomes more familiar.

"Mads not going to be there." He said to Noah. Does that mean Noah doesn't like Mads? To me that seems odd; I can't imagine Noah not getting along with somebody, and that thought alone confirms that they must have had history.

"Madison." I mutter to myself. "Madison St-" Flicking through my stash of memories, I land on the envelopes mistakenly placed in my mailbox. The neat cursive handwriting, and the name; Madison Stewart. It has to be her. I doubt Noah has more than one friend by the name Madison, and she honestly looks like the type to have perfect handwriting. She writes to him. Why would she write to him? How alternative can you get?

They must have been close. I mean, she came to pick up bits and bobs. Suddenly, I hear the sound of Noah's coffee machine as it stirs awake. I guess that means Noah's agreed to sit and talk for a bit.

-------------------------------

Hi guys! I hope you're all doing well inshallah. I'm sorry I left you with a cliff hanger last chapter, I was meant to update yesterday, but as plans do, they never work out, so here I am a day late. I hope you all enjoy this and leave nice comments on what you think. Hana's finally confessing her feelings!!! Wonder what she's going to do now?

Vote, comment, share- let me know what you think! ;)

(unedited as always :P)