Chapter Two: Leaving Home

You sat down on your bed your eyes directed at the floor a small frown on your face. you had no idea how or why a girl with a average life like yours had gotten involved in this demons and angels nonsense. You closed your eyes and whispered to yourself "When I open my eyes I'll be on the plane on my way here from my apartment in Vegas..."  for the hundredth time that morning but when you opened your eyes you were still alone in your bedroom with Castiel. You were just wishing this were a dream and that your parents were actually alive. But no such luck. Castiel walks over to you and sits beside you placing a hand on your shoulder "(y/n) I don't know if it'll help, but you don't have to be afraid to get close to the Winchesters. They know how to handle creatures like those that killed your parents..." he says his voice gentle but disciplined at the same time. You looked at him tears beginning to bubble behind your eyes, he smiled gently. He couldn't read minds but he could tell that's why you were being hesitant.

He stood up and held out his hand "Are you ready to go? Or would you like to bring anything with you?" he asked his blue eyes soft and patient. you nodded and grabbed a picture of you and your family from your childhood. You turned to your bureau and opened the top drawer and grabbed your wallet with your debit card and twenty bucks cash and gently slid the picture out of the frame and into the small transparent pocket on the inside of the wallet. You frowned and turned away frowned your bureau pocketing your wallet.

You walked back over to Castiel. He raised his eyebrows looking from you to his hand and back again. You smiled weakly and grabbed his hand and you felt a jerking feeling in your stomach and you and Castiel were suddenly standing outside a hotel on what looked like the side of Route 2 in Massachusetts. You closed your eyes and shook your head. This was not happening. You opened your eyes again and frowned, you were still standing in front of the hotel holding Castiel's hand. You pulled your hand away from his and looked at him "So Sam and Dean Winchester are here?" you ask starting to walk toward the hotel.

Castiel walks with you and you follow him because he knows where he's going unlike you. He walks up to the door of room 14 and knocks roughly on the door "Sam! Dean! It's me open up!" he says his  voice rough. You hear footsteps behind the door and the sound of locks being opened. You stand behind Castiel as a man with short sandy hair and hazel eyes opens the door "What? Cas... Good you're back." he says his voice rough and annoyed. "We've been waiting for you for hours. Where'd you g-" he says cutting himself off mid-sentence after seeing you. "Cas... Who's this?" he asks quickly as Castiel pushes him aside and pulls you into the room. Another man taller than the first comes over from the bed he was lounging on and stands beside the other. "Cas... Who is she?" the first man asks again.

The second man smiles at you and places a hand on the first man's shoulder "Dean stop. This is probably the girl Cas was talking about. The one we need to keep from Lucifer." he says in a low husky voice. The shorter man, Dean pulls out of his companions grip and frowns "Why do we have to do it? Wouldn't she be safer if she was with Cas?" he asks. Castiel looks at Dean and shakes his head "I'm only leaving her with you because I believe you can help her do what she wishes to do better than I can." He sighs and turns to you "(y/n) I'll come back soon and we'll talk about how you plan on doing this. Your parents may be gone but you're still alive. Let's keep it that way." He smiles at you and then disappears into thin air.

You sigh. Things were only going to get crazier from this point forward. You knew that, you just didn't know how much crazier.