Chapter Thirty

Outside the hospital, the media was in a frenzy, with yet no knowledge of the future princess' condition. Lucy did get the spring from the hospital, by Harry and a doctor. With the bodyguards and police officers, Lucy was taken out of the back of hospital. The car waited outside, away from the frenzy, as the promise of a doctor to update information about Prince Harry's fiance kept the media at bay. They prepared for the announcement, whether good or bad. Bad news was more entertaining and spread quicker.

It was past midnight, as the airplane took off, heading back to London. Bodyguards posted around the airplane. Lucy laid against Harry, both buckled in. Her eyes were closed and Harry whispered something to him. She smirked but didn't open her eyes. The flight back to London of thirty minutes seemed to take too long for everyone abroad the plane. Landing, the car ride to Kensington Palace took too long then.

Their apartment at Kensington Palace had been swept by bodyguards for anything that might seem out of order; everything was fine. The bodyguards followed them in, hovering near the door. Lucy swallowed, feeling safe at home again.

"Tony, go sleep," Lucy said. "I know I will."

Her bodyguard didn't move.

"Go," she growled. "You're covered in my blood and it smells."

Tony sighed. "I have to go debrief." He gave one last look at the couple and then left, with Harry's bodyguards behind him. 

Harry kissed Lucy on the head. "Off to bed." They stood in front of the steps, and Lucy moaned. "I'll help you."

She shook her head. "Let's stay down here and sleep."

"That's not comfortable."

"We can make it comfortable."

"You're not supposed to be doing anything strenuous, especially with your arms."

Lucy's eyes glanced down at the white bandaged wounds, where so much blood had escaped. There were a few cuts elsewhere, but she would be fine. Those things were stitched up too. "You can make it comfortable. I'll sit and watch." She kissed him on the lips. "I like when you do strenuous things." Her voice was low, as if she tried to flirt with him; however, her words came out slurred because of how tired she was.

"Are you going to sleep on the couch?"

"We're-- you're going to make a fort."

"A fort?"

She stepped back. "Where's the child in you now?"

"You realized you were attacked, Luce."

"I know, Harry; I was there." Her fingers ran through his ginger hair. "I know that you're not going to sleep easy tonight; you were scared, so was I," she admitted. "If we sleep in our bed, we'll never not be scared. Sleep here, let's build a fort. Let's have fun."

Harry sighed. "I'll get started." He led her over to the couch and then ran upstairs, grabbing pillows and blankets. Harry set to it, bringing in dining chairs and setting them apart. He threw the most comfortable blankets and pillows down before using other fabrics to put a roof over their heads. "I'll be right back," he promised, before heading to the kitchen. When Harry returned, he carried food and water.

"My Prince Charming," Lucy smirked.

After setting the supplies down inside, he helped his future wife inside. "Isn't this cozy?"

"You did well."

"I've built houses before."

"Should I be impressed?"