Chapter Thirty-Seven

After dancing the night away, for the longest time that it could happen, the newlywed couple bid the remaining guests good night. The car ride back to Kensington Palace was peaceful as Lucy leaned against Harry, eyes watching as they traveled. London's lights never decreased but the rest of the world slept. With the streets deserted, the pavement was wet, the car zoomed in and out. Once returning to the Palace,  Harry helped Lucy into their apartment. They were alone.

"To the bedroom?" he asked.

Lucy smiled and nodded.

Still in hand in hand, they went up to their bedroom, where someone had taken the liberty of letting themselves in and throwing red rose petals around. Candles were lit all around the room. It was already warm inside the room, though. Smells collected, making the room stuffy.

Harry's lips planted on Lucy, and he didn't let go, not that she wanted it to stop. His hands curled into her hair, pulling out the pins. Her blonde hair fell around her shoulders in curls. Harry shed his jacket long ago and now undid his tie. He kicked off his shoes. His lips never left hers.

"Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"Stop."

He backed off immediately.

Lucy went around the room and blew out the candles. "These are safety hazards." After the last of them were blown out, she turned the lights on. "That's better." She walked over to the bed and started clearing off the rose petals. "This mess is going to suck to clean up."

Harry paused and then shrugged. He began to clean up too.

Lucy rolled onto the bed, her white dress flying everywhere. She kicked her feet up in the air but didn't have the strength to keep them up there so they flopped back on the bed. She couldn't help it but a yawn escaped her lips and filled the room. Harry immediately yawned back, and he laughed.

"Luce, I really want to sleep," Harry admitted. "I don't have the energy for tonight."

She smiled. "Neither do I." Patting the bed beside her, Lucy invited him to come sleep next to her.

He shook his head. "We have to get out of our clothes somehow."

"Let's have sex in the morning. We can take off our clothes then."

Harry chuckled. "It wouldn't be comfortable sleep."

"I really don't care."

Standing up, he paused at the end of the bed and began removing Lucy's shoes, as they were tied around her ankles. Slowly they came off, and he put them off to the side. A bench rested at the end of their bed, which he sat down upon. His cold fingers played across Lucy's feet until he began to massage them. She let out a little groan. Harry laughed. Her feet had hurt so much throughout the night. At least his shoes were at least more comfortable. After working on one foot for a while, he moved over to the other. If it hadn't been for her foot massage, Lucy would've easily fallen asleep.

"I don't understand how people can go through all the work of a wedding day and then have sex," she said. "Like, that damn wedding aisle was super long. Why?" she asked. "Why? Why is that necessary? I'm not that dramatic. No needs that long of a path."

He laughed. "You did take forever."

"Yeah, I was hot when I came in, like super pretty. By the time I got down the aisle, I had aged five years."

Harry's blue eyes came up to her. "I would've liked to look at you when you came in, but I would've started crying sooner. You were the most beautiful person in the world."

"You looked pretty good yourself."

He pretended to blush.

"But really?" she continued. "What is with sex after a wedding?"

"To procreate."

She scoffed. "Calm down there, buddy."

"Eventually?"

"Eventually." Lucy closed her eyes. "I'm so tired."

"You could sleep?"

Groaning, she looked at Harry. "This dress is not comfortable. It's pretty but, damn, it sucks to wear."

"Do you want help taking it off?"

"Please."

It was hard for Lucy to get out of bed but she finally did. Harry worked on the back, unbuttoning her. The buttons were all the way down her back, and it managed to take a while with Harry's fumbling fingers. Eventually, the dress fell off her shoulders and onto the ground. Lucy shivered but at least the fabric didn't itch her skin. She took off her jewelry. Harry had removed his clothes too, getting into his pajamas. He laid in bed. Lucy so badly wanted to climb in bed too, but she needed a shower. Then she decided it could've waited until tomorrow, even if there was a punch of makeup on her face. Lucy took off her fancy undergarments and put on her puffy pajamas. She climbed under the covers with him.

With the lights turned off, Harry's arms curled around Lucy. She moved closer to him, wanting warmth. She let out a soft moan. He laughed.

"This is how I want it. This is how it should be."

"Just you and me."

Their chuckles filled the bed. At this time of night, or the morning, everything was absolutely hilarious. They were delirious in happiness. And they were delirious in tiredness. It was sad to see the day go, how perfectly it went. There were some problems but there wasn't a need to get stuck on them. The newlyweds wanted to live in this moment for a little longer, because this, right here, was perfect. The newlyweds just wanted this moment to last a little bit longer.

"Luce, if you're ever unhappy, tell me, okay?"

"I promise, Harry." She looked back at him. "But I can't image a day where I wouldn't be happy with you."

"We have our lives together."

"We do. And sometimes it's going to suck, but we're going to be okay. Everything will be okay. We're good together."

"We're not good together. We're great together." Harry touched her gently. "Thank you, for letting me your husband. Thank you, for spending the rest of your life in my crazy, stupid world."

Lucy laughed. "Thank you, for putting up with all my shit, because there's a lot of it. Thank you, for being the man of my dreams come true."