Chapter Four

Lucy was sent upstairs to change to change and prepare herself as the wedding planners showed up, all at once they would show up. Besides having a personal assistant, Lucy had a personal stylist for her clothes, makeup and hair. Usually, Lucy's personal stylist would lay out outfits for events and come by to do hair and makeup beforehand. Tonight, she was on her own, which Lucy had been doing her own hair and makeup most of her life. It was the clothes part she had troubles with. The personal stylist usually gave Lucy some choice but stayed on a perfect plan.

Fortunately for Lucy, her hair was still acceptable so she wouldn't have to wash her hair, putting way too much time and effort into an event where she didn't even leave her own house. Harry said after they chose a wedding planner, Lucy wouldn't have to dress up to meet with them, unless it was a public outing; now, she was meant to seem regal. Light makeup turned into heavier makeup as she put more it on, making her eyes look bigger. Lucy's hair had to be down, since it didn't look very feminine to have your hair pulled back; there needed to be a good excuse to have it pulled back. Lucy put on a nice pair of dress pants and a nice shirt with nice shoes. There always had to be a heel to her shoes, but she couldn't necessarily be taller than Harry. That was the problem when you were an inch shorter than him.

Lucy touched her engagement ring. She twirled the ring on her finger and then put her hand down. She needed to let it rest. If she picked at it, uncertainty would come across. Lucy didn't hold concerns about marrying Harry, really, but rather the life afterward. Even getting down the aisle made her hold uncertainty.

Returning downstairs, Siobhan waited beside Harry with a Buckingham Palace liaison for Prince Harry's public relations and Harry's personal assistant.

"Wow, news travels quickly," Lucy said, eyes on Harry. "I hope I look acceptable."

"You look beautiful," he promised.

"Your highness, ma'am, three wedding planners are waiting," said the public relations liaison. "You will meet with them separately with both personal assistants and me. Our requirements for the ceremony have already been given, and if you have ideas about the occasion can be interjected at any time. Any questions?"

No one had any questions.

"This way." Jessica Morris was the liaison and she led the way into the first room.

Three wedding planners ended up being a lot, and Jessica had mentioned that the first two were more modern and Buckingham Palace had hope the third wedding planner would be chosen. The third wedding planner did William and Kate's, so Harry was already impressed, as well as other royal wedding as well as other high society weddings. If Lucy had a choice, she would've skipped all of his but that wasn't happening any time soon.

Upon reaching the third wedding plan, both Harry's and Lucy's faces hurt from fake smiling. Harry had more training but usually smiling came to him naturally. Lucy's smile tended to slip from her face if she wasn't paying attention. It happened quite a lot during the meetings. Siobhan usually slid her gaze over to Lucy and gave her glare, then Lucy's posture and face would be fixed. Lucy wasn't sure what she would do without Siobhan.

The third wedding planner had everything set up, and curtsied to Prince Harry and his new fiance. Lucy was used to people curtsying now, even when they didn't need to. She wasn't royalty, but people went out of their way to do so. The third wedding planner had several boards set up, along with patterns and pictures, as other weddings had done so in the past.

Everyone sat down.

"It is an honor, always with royalty." His slick eyes slid over to Lucy, and he gave an extra nod. "Like the Duchess of Cambridge, we only have royal party. Unlike the Duchess of Cambridge, you get more of a choice with your wedding. There are certain requirements on everything but more freedom is allowed. Is there anything you're personally looking for, ma'am?"

Harry's eyes glanced over to his new fiance. Funny enough, this was the first time anyone had asked her ideas about the subject. Harry only had a few clues about what she wanted but they weren't extravagant.

Lucy responded, "Something small and personal. I realize that's difficult for royalty, but I'm sure a way can be found."

The wedding planner nodded. "There's always a way."

"I want the wedding in autumn."

The wedding planner didn't seem to be discouraged. "Easily possible but the colors may contrast. The autumn colors change from year to year based on rain; we can only predict. Then we have the prince's hair, which will contrast."

"His hair will be fine," Lucy said. "If anything, it'll add more color."

His eyes sized her up briefly and Lucy didn't falter under his gaze. There wasn't much Lucy wanted from this wedding; Lucy definitely wasn't going to be bridezilla. In fact, she didn't expect this to be perfect. Something always happened to fuck up the whole day. Lucy wanted to marry Harry; she knew that. That was her only goal.

"I would love input on the wedding dress," the wedding planner said, "if you have any now. We can always discuss more in the future. I have connections to many designers and all would be happy to show royalty their best designs. It would be an honor."

"I have a designer in mind," Lucy said. "Tristan Wippermann."

"I have never heard of him."

"He's a designer, German. I don't know if he's ever done a wedding dress but his work is lovely. I'm sure he would be happy to do it." Her tone was kept light. "As well as Christopher Straub, I love his work as well. They're both small time designers who deserve to be looked at more closely."

"I'm sure." The wedding planner took note of the names. "I'll look in to it, if I'm hired of course."

Lucy kept her gaze on him, as he knew he was hired.

"Yes," Jessica interjected.

Siobhan's eyes rested on Lucy, not judging or scolding, slowly trying to decide if she needed to do anything special. Lucy was innocent in this; she gave her opinions about her wedding. However, Lucy even attracted Harry's gaze, and a smirk pulled on his face. He perhaps knew her too well.

The interview finished up rather quickly after that. The wedding planners left, along with the personal assistants and the liaison. Harry's arms snaked around Lucy's body.

"Did you like any of them?" he asked.

"The last one, I guess; he knows what he's doing." She kissed him on the cheek and then escaped from his grip.

"Luce, do even care about the wedding?"

Lucy laughed. "I love you and I want to marry you, but I don't care about the wedding. I don't care about the pomp and frill. I care about you. And apparently I have to do this to get to you, so I guess we're doing this." She started upstairs.

"Have I ever told you're not like other girls?"

"Because I'm a woman?" she asked as she kept climbing the stairs. "Bring up ice cream, would you? I'm hungry." A door closed behind her.