fifteen ; strange sight

Mulai dari awal

"I apologize," he stated, "your blood smells good, and you blushing sent a wave of smell."

"Oh," I awkwardly muttered. "Sorry, I guess?"

I turned to face the door, hoping for a saviour, or someone who can make it un-awkward.

And then he waltz in.

"Colton!" I called happily, waving at the twenty years old hottie. Jared's older, much less cheating, brother. I stood up, walking towards him. His arm was in a cast, he smiled at me.

"If it isn't Ashley Swan, born troublemaker and heartbreaker!" he cheered, hugging me.

"Well, your brother is a much bigger one," I said mischievously.

"In which of the two?"

"Both."

"You're right," he laughed. "God, I feel like it's been years since we've spoken. How are you?"

"Good, much better," I smiled, leaning on the wall. "How are you? What happened to your arm?"

"Ah, I broke it a couple of weeks ago in a football match," I nodded. Jared learned to play football from Colton, who was more talented, if I had to be honest.

In a way, Colton and I connected on a spiritual level. We were both the cooler, much better sibling.

I sound like an asshole.

"Oh, did you at least win?"

"Yeah," he stated. "So now that my brother and you are done, I was wondering..." Colton rubbed the back of his head, "I dunno, we always clicked Ash. Maybe we could finally try and go out?"

I could feel the surprise coloring my face.

Do you know how rare it is for your former crush to ask you out once you stop being into them? 

"I dunno Colton," I dodged the bullet. "I mean, I live halfway across the country," I gave an excuse, shrugging. "And you're like, you're you, is it even possible for you to walk the street without getting tackled down by herd of women?"

"Sometimes it is," he joked. "I just, figured I'd at least ask. I mean, I kinda waited for you two to break up for some time before I moved on."

"Yeah, I get it," I smiled. Colton is adorable. "Well, I'll see you around, yeah?"

"Probably not," he laughed. "I'm finishing this year in college, getting my degree, and then going to Africa. I dunno what will happen once I get there, maybe I'll start traveling."

"Yeah? That sounds wonderful, Col." I smiled happily. Colton never liked it very much in America, he always wanted out. "Well, I guess that, uh, goodbye then?"

"Yeah, bye," he hugged me lightly, before going to buy his daily coffee.

"Popular with the gentlemen wherever you go, huh?" Jasper questioned, frightening me. I turned to look at him, him frowning and I clutching my heart.

"Jas, you scared me!"

"I can hear," he replied with a smug smile.

"Weirdo," I huffed out.

"Come on, let's go back to Bella's room," he offered with a polite smile, probably trying to ignore my stupidness.

"I don't wanna," I whined. "Bella is mean, I'd rather go meet random patients."

"I'd rather not," Jasper said smoothly. "Would you rather it if we went to your house, or the hotel?"

"Can we buy pizza?" I asked with a huge smile.

"Of course, anything with a smell that isn't garlic," I frowned.

"I thought it was a myth," I told him, confused.

"Yeah, but you stink."

"It's been so long since I have walked around in Phoenix at those hours!" I exclaimed with a smile, happily licking the vanilla ice cream I bought. 

"It's not very comforting to hear that you were used to walk in the city at three a.m.," Jasper muttered. 

"Why?"

"Never mind that," he shook his head. "Where next?" Jasper asked, not knowing where our house is.

Since Phoenix was much hotter than Forks and unlike Jasper, I could feel the heat and it bothered me a lot,  so we settled that we go to my house, get shorter clothes, and then go back to their hotel room. 

Jasper, Alice, Carlisle, Charlie and I were to go back to Forks in the evening of the next day, while Bella and Edward would stay for another week or so at Phoenix, under the careful supervision of my mom and Phil.

We walked for a while more, silence comfortable, his hand circling my arm lightly and keeping me from melting.

I unlocked the door with the key in my keychain, and welcomed Jasper.

"It really isn't much, but it's home," I shrugged, "not for much longer, I guess."

"It's beautiful," Jasper assured. "Shall we go to your room?"

"Yeah, I need to get some stuff for Forks too."

"Alright." Jasper said obediently.

I've got myself a Vampire Slave. That is kind of cool.

"Will you help me?" I asked innocently.

"Yes," he said with the same tone.

Wow, very obedient. I like it.

"Come on then!" I cheered, tugging at his hand.

We climbed upstairs, and entered the room with the huge sign on it.

"The queen will not be accepting audience?" Jasper read aloud, looking at me strangely.

"What?" I shrugged, "I'm narcissistic."

I opened the door, and Jasper once more had a comment.

"That is a very generic teenage girl's room."

"What can I say?" I shrugged once more, "I'm one with the flow."

"You're not," he assured me, looking at the scary amount of Zayn Malik and Bruno Mars posters that were hanging in a corner of the room. "Are you in love with these guys or something?"

"I just think Zayn is hot and very talented," I commented. "But yeah, I am in love with Bruno."

"So does it mean I am not your type at all?" he asked, surprising me as I sat on my bed. I bounced lightly in it for a second, while I thought.

"You're not my type," I spoke after a minute. "But I do like you."

"Okay," he said after a moment. "So what do you need to get?"

"First things first," I stood up, going to my closet. "Winnie the Pooh!" I announced, handing the two meters tall plush to the blond vampire with slight struggle. He grabbed it easily, hugging it to  his side.

"Really?"

"Tweetie needs a friend! Sylvester isn't nice to him," I explained shortly as I got out my favourite jeans shorts and a maroon crop top with 36 on it, putting on a matching Vans.

"I am certain," Jasper stated, his eyes narrowed.

"What? It's not weird!" I stubbornly said.

"Okay," he swiftly said, "I'll step out so you could dress up."

I smiled to myself as Jasper exited, and found myself surprised at how light I felt at the room that just three months ago made me want to never wake up again.

Those are  dangerous feeling either way, and under those circumstances...

I am in too deep, and surprisingly, I don't mind all that much.