«chapter eighteen: coming clean»

Start from the beginning

"And if I don't?" I snap back, and I swear if I could I would breathe fire. I was so angry.

"Then I will tell the police about your little trips at night. That, and your brother may not be ok, by the end of tonight." She says smugly.

I have to come, and she knows it.

"If you hurt hi-" she hung up.

I sigh out in anger and grab my suit before putting on normal clothes over it. I slip out, and run as fast as I can to the house.

You can do it. You can do it. He is going to be okay.

I pump my arms to go faster, trying and praying he isn't there and it's a trap. That would be better than him being there. He told her I was Catgirl by accident, it just slipped out. I don't believe that she guessed it or that he would have just told her. For her to know, someone else had to tell her.

How he loved her I will never know, but I think he is over here now. He can finally be happy.

He deserves to be happy.

Please let him be okay.

The house is about a mile away, so I run and run. I stop in front of an old house, its broken-down look makes me shutter. Creepy.

I pray he isn't here. He is all I have left, blood-related wise. I need him, he helps me through everything. Please don't be here. Please.

I kick the door open and run in.

"Ben! Whe-" I shout.

"Get out Brooke!" He cut me off. Heck no! I will not leave him! I ran to his voice.

"Ben!" I sigh and smile, seeing that he was only tied up. I walk slowly to him, trying to find Hayley.

"Where is Hay-" I scream in pain. White, hot pain runs through my stomach. I fall to my knees.

"Brooke!" Ben yells trying to help me, but he can't. I hear a sick laugh.

"Nice to see you, Brooke!" Sarcasm is clear in her voice as she spits out my name.

I clutched my stomach, where she drove a knife in it. She now had the knife in her hand, red blood covering it. My blood.

I groan in pain and pant out," You! Little!-" she cuts me off.

"Now, now, we wouldn't want big brother hurt now would we?" She walks up to Ben and grabs his hair, pulling him up. He whimpers in pain. His dirty-blond hair sticking to his head.

"What are you doing?" I ask, panic in my voice and I can't even care to hide it.

She doesn't answer. Instead, she pushes him, then kicks him.

He groans as I yell at her, "Get away from him! If you touch him one more time, I will hurt you in more ways than you can count! Getaway!" I try to stand, but I am just pushed back to the ground by the little she-demon. She kicks me in the stomach.

I let out a cry and land on my back, blood soaking my shirt. The pain. Tears cloud my vision.

Ben, I groan and get back up. Panting I start to run to her but stop short.

She had him in a headlock with a gun in her hand. No, no, no, no, no. No!

"One more step and he gets a hole in his head." Hayley threatens. I stop, my eyes meeting Ben's calm and clear ones. He knows that I can't save him. I feel a sting deep in my heart, as I realize I can't save him. I can't. It's impossible. I am wounded and she has a gun to his head.