You have to stop (17)

Magsimula sa umpisa

-Don't make any movement, Veronica, don't make this more painful than it's already being. – Vero just nodded.

When I finished untying her, she was going to get up, but I laid my hand on her shoulder and forced her to sit back on the chair again.

-Don't get up.

I went to stand in front of her and knelt. I held her hand and brought it towards the revolver, I handed it to Veronica and held her hand with the gun aiming at my forehead.

-I love Normani more than I love myself, she wouldn't bear to lose you.

Vero looked at me incredulously, my eyes watered.

-I wouldn't be able to live with innocent blood on my hands. – I whispered and quickly wiped the tear that insisted on falling.

-COME ON, SHOOT! – she started to shake her head frantically – IF YOU DON'T KILL ME, I'LL KILL YOU. – I shouted.

-You are not like that, Lauren, you would never kill me. – she tried to put the gun down, but I held her wrist.

-How can you be so sure? – I laughed ironically – Look around, this is my lair, do you know how many people I've killed, Veronica? – she cried and shook her head – Of course you do, of course you do. – I said whispering.

-Look around you, Lauren, how many innocent people have you killed? – I laughed humorlessly – None, they were all filthy pigs, you practically saved more lives than you took.

-SHOOT ME, VERONICA. – with my thumb I cocked the gun – It's your last chance to get out of here alive.

In a quick act she got up from the chair, I was startled and fell on my ass, landing with my hands on the floor. Vero pointed the gun at me.

-Give me my phone, Lauren.

-Are you going to turn me in? DON'T BE A COWARD.

-GIVE ME THE DAMN PHONE, LAUREN. – she shook the gun at me, so I decided to give her the phone. I reached for the phone in my pocket, grabbing it and handing it over to her.

Vero was looking for some number and then she finally put the phone in her ear.

-Camila?

CAMILA? My heart lurched, my hands began to sweat, I don't know if I was ready to be caught like this. Vero kept the gun pointed at me.

-I won't be able to go to the police station tomorrow. – Vero looked at me and pressed the gun's safety button, lowering it, she looked around and fixed her eyes on the stretcher where Steve's body was.

-I have a mess to clean up. – she was silent for a while – Okay, I'll let you know, thank you.

She ended the call and threw the gun on top of me.

-I will not kill you, much less turn you in. Now, feel free to do whatever you want, Lauren, but this mess won't clean itself, do you need help?

Vero extended her hand to help me get up and I accepted her help.

-You should kill me, Veronica. – I spoke wiping some tears that still insisted on falling silently.

-ENOUGH! I WILL NOT KILL YOU. – Vero kicked the chair nearby – DAMMIT, LAUREN.

She was shaking, I could see that when she ran her hand over her forehead impatiently.

-I heard what that asshole said, okay? I HEARD HIM, LAUREN, HE HAD NO REGRETS. HOW CAN I KILL YOU OR TURN YOU IN FOR THAT? HUH? TELL ME, YOU IDIOT.