Part 40

Manik-"i m coming"
He just grabbed his car keys and ran outside.Cabir was just entering inside when he saw manik running and stopped him"kaha jare ho bhai?"
Manik "nand..nandini mil gae hai..commissioner sir ka phone tha..hospital bulaya hai"
Looking at his brothers state ,cabir decided to join him"mai bhi chalta hu apke sath"and both ran towards the car.
Manik was driving franatically,breaking at the signals.His patience had been tested to the highest level and now was on the edge of breaking.He himself was on the edge of breaking.He couldnt even imagine his life without nandini and the mere thought gave him chills.
Cabir noticed his brothers sombre mood bt didnt interrupt.
As they stepped down the car and started walking towards thr hospital entrance,maniks heart started thumping.He could feel something,he could feel her..
And this made his steps faster.

They were directed to the room and almost ran towards it.
Manik"sir kaha hai nandini..apne kaha tha u found her"
Commissioner stammered"I m sorry sir..There has been some confusion"
Manik angrily"what confusion..where is my wife?"
Commissioner gulped"actually sir when we the got the call from the hospital,one of the junior inspector came for the recognition and mistook the lady as ur wife as their faces resemble a little but wen i came her and saw her,i realised the mistake.We r terribly sorry mr malhotra"
Now maniks anger was beyond limits"kya mazak laga rakha hai..How can u all be so careless..Do u have any sense of responsibility or not.I doubt if u all r at all serious abt my wife's case."
Commissioner""we r srry mr malhotra bt we r trying our best nd m sure hum jald hi mrs malhotra ko dhund lenge"
Manik"to hell wid u guys..mai khud hi dhoond lunga apni nandini ko..mjhe kisi ki jarurat nai hai"and walked away.
He reached the staircase nd his knees gave away.He fell down crying..
"Kaha ho tum nandini..kaha ho..mere umeed tut rahi hai..plz wapas aajo..mai nahi jee sakta tumhare bina...Mai mar jaunga..tum toh janti ho na apne manik ko..meri subah ki shuruwat tumhe dekhne se hoti hai aur agar tumse din bhar baat na karu toh mujhse raha ni jata..ab tum mjhe aise chod k kaha chali gae ho..kaise jee raha hu mai sirf mai janta hu..plz wapas aa jao"
He got up and smashed his hand in the glass window.
"Sau dard hai..sau raahatein..
Sab mila dilnashin,ek tu hi nahin...
Rookhi rookhi se yeh hawa
Aur sukhe patte ki tarah
Sheher ki sadko pe mai
Lawaris udta hi raha..
Sau dard raaste par teri raha nahi...
Darya ne karwat li hai toh
Saahilom ko sehne do.
Sau hasratein par tera gham nahi..
Sau dard hai..sau raahatein..sb mila dilnashin,ek tu hi nahin...
Manik was broken.He was not in his senses and was thrashing his hands into the glass window as if to lessen the pain his heart was feeling..
Cabir entered panting"kaha chale gae the aap "and gasped looking at his condition"yeh kya kar lia aapne .hosh mai toh ho aap"
And then forcebly pulled him up"chalo doctor k pass..dressing karwa lo"
He took manik towards the emergency ward and made him sit while himself went to talk to the doctor.
Manik again started feeling restless,his heart was beating very fast..He again felt her presence and franatically started looking around.
Cabir entered.
Manik"cabir nandini yahi hai..i can feel it..i can feel it..dhoond usse cabir"
Cabir felt tears brim in his eyes seeing maniks state"haa bhai ..pehle aap dressing karwa lo..phir him dhunte hai na nandini ko"
Manik jerked his hand"mai theek hu..nandini ko dhoond te hai"
And started looking in all the chambers of the emergency ward.
He had looked in all the chambers bt to no avail.
His mind was giving up nt his heart was nt ready.It was beating rapidly..
He saw a body lying on the stretcher in the corner of the ward and his feet itself started carrying him towards it.
He was almost unconscipously walking towards it..His hand reached to lift the covers..

Just then the doctor interrupted"sir!aap yaha kya kar re hai?apka khoon beh raha hai..dressing karwa lijiye"and instructed the nurse to do the same.
The nurse pulled him away and started doing his dressing while the doctor started checking on the person on the stretcher.
Doctor"sister dressing karne ke baad aap is patient ko room mai shift karwa dijiyega nd police ko bhi inform kar dijiyega"

Cabir"chalo bhai..nandini nahi hai yaha"
Manik hesistatingly got up and started walking.
The nurse started shifting the stretcher patient.
Manik was walking bt something compelled him to turn back and what he saw took away his breathe"nandini!!!!!"he shouted .
Manik immediately ran towards the stretcher and saw his nandini lying on it.Her head bandaged,few injury marks on her face bt still looking the most beautiful woman on earth..manik felt like he got his life back.
Cabir too ran behind manik and saw manik crying hugging nandini..
Manik"dekh cabir..maine kaha tha na k nandini yahi kahi ha..mil ga mjhe nandini"
Cabir too nodded thanking thousand times to god..
Nurse interrupted"sir..aap iss patient ko jante hai?"
Manik"she is my wife ,sister"
Sister"phir aap inke admission ka procedure pura kar aaiye..hum inhe room mai shift kar rahe hai"
Manik"kya hua hai nandini ko..aur woh ankhain ky ni khol ri..woh theek toh hai na?"
Just then doctor came"sister aap patient ko room mai shit kijiye and sir plz come to my chamber"

Phew!!finally nandini mil gae..bt ptani aap logo ko kaisa lagega part..do comment nd tell me..hope jyada nahi rulaya hoga aur agar rulaya bhi toh hope its worth it..