War Prisoner Bones Chapter #1

Author: 梨花烟雨(Li Hua Yan Yu) /Lê Hoa Yên Vũ

.

Disclaimer: I own nothing; this is for yaoi fan with no finance gain. Please support the original author in the full website.

.

---

War Prisoner Bones Chapter #1

Between Wanyan Xu and Su Yi, all misunderstandings had been eliminated, and all their former enmity and grievances and been buried, leaving no traces. After they had shared life and death on the battlefield, and endured its trials and tribulations in solidarity, their feelings for each other grew deeper and deeper by the day. They were unwilling to part with each other for even a moment, as inseparable as honey in oil. Even when Wanyan Xu held court to attend to politics, he would insist on having Su Yi seated by his side, in that way his mind could be free from worry. At first, the assorted ministers of the court were put out by this although they veiled their criticism, but they soon discovered that Su Yi merely listened to the proceedings, and rarely interfered in the affairs of government. On the rare occasions that he did choose to interpose, his opinions were invariably incisive, insightful and well-reasoned, and his audience could not help but to be convinced. 

Consequently, the objections gradually died down, and as time went on, it even happened that whenever a courtier felt that the Emperor had made an unfair decision, he might openly request for Su Yi to give his comments. Su Yi's status as the Empress was increasingly winning over the hearts of the ministers, as well as those of the concubines in the harem. At the same time, his imperial dignity was also growing with each passing day, to the point where it could actually come to stand shoulder to shoulder with Wanyan Xu's.   

But it was just that this situation caused displeasure in two people. Who do you think they were? They were none other than the pair of father and son that was the most important in the land.

Grievances grew in Wanyan Shuo's heart because his Empress Mother was being monopolized by his Imperial Father, who even demanded that he remain by his side during morning court. As for Wanyan Xu, having his lover's time monopolized by courtiers who requested that he answer their questions, listen to their complaints and right their wrongs, caused him to be in a sour mood.

In his heart, Wanyan Shuo thought: Imperial Father is really too much, even if Mother Empress is his Empress, is there really a need for them to be affixed to each other all day long. He should still leave some time for me, no matter what he is my Mother Empress after all. Now, he has not even left Mother Empress enough time with me for him to test me on my lessons. Humph, he is even worse than the big bad wolf.

Wanyan Xu also felt terribly aggrieved: with the heavens as my witness, ever since the ministers have recognized Su Yi's true character, they have started buzzing around him all day, just like flies, they can't be shooed away even if one tries. Because of that, there was less and less time to spend with Su Yi, so how could he endure having to vie with his own son? Most importantly, he would fail to best his son every single time. Both the father and the son felt that each of them did not have enough time with Su Yi, and hence, their tug-of-war contest went from hidden to obvious and from sedate to fierce.

Although Wanyan Xu had a high status, he could not control his son, and moreover, his own Mother Empress would always provide back-up for her grandson. On one side, there were the courtiers who refused to observe the wishes of their exalted Emperor and blindly requested to see the Empress for various reasons and they always spoke with him for a long time. Although Wanyan Xu sorely wished to have the whole lot of them sentenced to do penal service or executed, but because his beloved was too fair and reasonable, he did not dare to act blindly without thinking.