War Prisoner Chapter 20

Title: WAR PRISONER

.

Author: 梨花烟雨(Li Hua Yan Yu) /Lê Hoa Yên Vũ

.

Genre: ancient, imperial, 1×1 & reverse attachment/ opposite attraction

.

Warning: Violent and Rape in early chapters

.

Disclaimer: I own nothing; this is for yaoi fan with no finance gain. Please support the original author in the full website.

.

---
War Prisoner Chapter 20

Wanyan Xu's eyes also widened, after a long pause he gave a sneer: "You're mad, how could I [1] possibly let u go? Su Su, it seems like you still harbour evil intentions, I must strengthen the quality of the guards watching over you."

The phrase "Su Su" really infuriated Su Yi. When this term of address had been used before, the situation had been so urgent that he had been too busy to quibble over minor details. Now, he found the sound extremely piercing to his ears. Especially since, from the way Wanyan Xu looked, Su Yi couldn't be sure that he was actually older than Su Yi, but Wanyan Xu was certainly behaving as if he was [2]. Unable to keep his face from reddening with anger, Su Yi said: "If you are not willing to release me, what is the point of saying such words? Also, you are not allowed to address me like that. Bah! It is so disgusting I could die."

Wanyan Xu wasn't offended in the least, he laughed and said: "Disgusting? Which of my actions don't you find disgusting anyway, what does a name matter? I said that I would let you return to the Great Qi, and that is true. No, that's not quite right, that land should no longer be called the Great Qi, it has now become part of the territories of my Jin Liao Royal Dynasty. Su Su, what I meant was that I intend to move the captial of Jin Liao Empire to the city that was originally the capital of the Great Qi, Dou Yan. Naturally, you would accompany me, isn't that also considered as returning to your country?"

Su Yi's jaw dropped, not daring to believe his ears, Wanyan Xu wanted to move his capital?! He said: "You... You must be joking? Moving the capital... that is not as easy as little children setting up a play house."

Wanyan Xu beamed and said: "Of course I know that. But the lands of Jin Liao are barren, full of dry and cold deserts, so the people living here have a tough existence. The lands in the south are different. The land is fertile, capable of producing much fish and rice; it is a land of plenty. It is also a cultural melting pot, having assimilated the cultures of many different peoples, making it even more suitable to be the heart of my Jin Liao Royal Dynasty. After having given the matter careful consideration, I have decided that although moving the capital is difficult, it must be done because it will decide the fate of Jin Liao for thousands of seasons and generations. This is also the reason why I had to conquer the Great Qi."

Su Yi had never expected Wanyan Xu to possess such foresight, this was the reason he had destroyed the Great Qi all along. Su Yi had always thought that his only motivation was to avenge his father's defeat, thinking back, that notion was faintly ridiculous. No wonder he refused to allow Yu Cang's troops to loot and pillage the lands of Qi during his military campaign, clearly he had long decided on his plans for the conquered country. Clasping the last thread of hope [3] he had to his chest, he peered at Wanyan Xu and said gravely: "Stop your wishful thinking, as the saying goes, it is hard to leave one's homeland. Would your courtiers be willing to do such a thing?"

Wanyan Xu gave a cold laugh and said: "On this matter, they will not have the leeway to object. I have already planned a countermeasure for dealing with such a situation. Officials who object to moving the capital and refuse to migrate will have all their property confiscated by the crown. Their luxurious mansions will be razed to the ground; if they move to a new residence, I will also have it burned down." Noticing that Su Yi was looking at him in dismay, he gave a bitter smile and said: "when one is trying to achieve an extraordinary goal, naturally, one must use extraordinary methods. This is a crucial time in our history; as courtiers of Jin Liao, they should endeavour to share their sovereign's burdens and not act only to satisfy their own desires." Wanyan Xu paused and glanced around, heaving a sigh, he continued: "Actually, what you said is true. It is indeed difficult to leave one's native land. I do not wish to leave this place either, to build this palace and forge this nation, my ancestors and I have expended much blood and energy. However, against the tide of history, these sentimental concerns must give way."