× t h i r t y - t w o ×

Chapter Thirty-Two: I close my eyes, hold my breath

here u go have a malum hug ❤

Dedicated to: dimplefeels cause you were so supportive from the start and i don't think i've given you a dedication oops

×××

×Calum×

They went up to Calum's room after that. Bella sat down in the moon chair and twirled around in it.

"Okay. Do it now," Calum mumbled to himself. "Don't lose your -"

"Why are you talking to yourself?" He looked up to see her staring at him, a confused look on her beautiful face.

"I-I was... do you wanna go out?"

"As in outside?"

"No... as in on a date."

"Date," she said flatly.

Oh my God I've just messed up my one chance to be with her. Great going, he thought to himself, silently scolding.

"I think a date would be nice."

"It-It would?"

"Sí, depending on where we would go and what we would do."

"I would make it as cliché as possible," Calum said with a grin.

"By cliché, what do you mean?"

"Oh, oh oh, what do you mean? Better make up your mind what do you... mean..." Calum trailed off awkwardly as he realized Bella wasn't singing with him but instead frowning at him. He cleared his throat. "Sorry."

"Is that a song I should know?"

"Nah." He thought for a moment. "Okay, maybe."

She just let out a loud laugh, flicking her long dark hair over her shoulder and grinning at Calum.

"See, this is why I want to say yes."

"Then why don't you?" Calum said, grasping her by the waist and pulling her closer.

"Maybe I already am," she whispered, connecting their lips.

[there u go he asked her out r u happy]

×

"So, I was thinking maybe have it at the amusement park?"

"Wait, Sydney has an amusement park?"

He had never known this. No one had ever told him.

"How about Luna Park?"

He frowned until she pulled up a picture.

Calum shrieked and hit her phone out of her hand

"Why'd you do that?" Bella grumbled, picking up her phone and plucking a piece of fuzz off.

"The face," he told her, shuddering. "It's terrifying."

"This face?" Bella said, waving her phone in front of his face, laughing every time he tried to hit it out of her hand only for her to push it in his face even more.

That's enough, he thought.

When she pushed her phone in his face, he caught her arm a and pulled her into his chest, her phone falling to the floor once again. She was about to grumble at him again before he started singing "Iris" by Sleeping With Sirens.

[i know this is originally by the goo goo dolls but i like the sws cover so]

"And I'd give up forever to touch you, 'cause I know that you feel me somehow."

He swayed the two of them back and forth slowly, placing soft kisses on the back of Bella's neck hearing her sigh every time he did so.

"You're the closest to Heaven that I'll ever be and I don't wanna go home right now."

He took hold of her arm and twirled her in a circle, still singing.

"And all I can taste is this moment, and all I can breathe is your life. When sooner or later it's over, I just don't wanna miss you tonight."

She let out a small laugh as he placed his hand at her lower back and held her other, kind of like ballroom dancing. His voice was the music.

"And I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."

A loud clap of thunder sounded and Bella jumped, her face expression frightened.

"I'm here," he whispered, continuing to sing.

"I just want you to know who I am. I just want you to know who I am."

By now it was almost midnight but Mali had asked if Bella could stay the night to which her mother agreed. She was already asleep so Calum carried her down to the guest room and tucked her in to the spare bed, kissing her forehead before closing the door behind her.

×××

700+ words aye

and if you haven't already looked at the character answers, dO IT

qotd: what's your favourite colour?

remember to vote and comment, ily all

-mahina xx