× t h i r t y - o n e ×

Chapter Thirty-One: It comes in waves

GUYS DROWN WAS IN THE RECOMMENDED READS

Dedicated to: kodalove123 for commenting lots ☺

×

×Bella×

Her arms were starting to hurt. The crutches dug into her elbows and her wrists hurt from holding all her body weight up for the entire day.

Sometimes she wanted to throw up after eating but her pills wouldn't let her and she had to remind herself that she was doing this for Calum.

He was helping her get through this and kept reminding her that she would be getting better every day. She noticed that he had less and less scars on his wrist, no longer fresh. They had almost all healed and she was proud to see that he was keeping his promise.

She was trying to keep her promise too, as hard as it was. She still felt slightly disgusted with her body shape but she didn't want to drag Calum back. She didn't want to drag him back down to her level.

He was doing so well.

His face was being lit up with a smile more often and he was being more sociable with his friends and family. Mali had said that he was attending a therapist to try and help him with his depression and that it was working extremely well.

She was happy to see that the two of them were making progress with their... problems and that they were getting better and better everyday.

However when they were talking to each other, he would look to the side or at the ceiling as if thinking about something or like he was deep in thought.

She found it a bit off that he was acting like this, but every time she looked at him with a worried expression he would look back into her eyes and smile, saying, "Sorry, just zoned out for a second."

She knew he did. Maybe it was part of the therapy, maybe not. She couldn't tell. Their recovery was slow but sure.

Right now, she was sat at the Hood's table eating Cottage Pie. She picked at it a bit - dissecting it, actually - and played with the peas.

"Bella," Joy said. "Didn't your mother tell you not to play with your food?"

"Well we never really had food."

Her lips parted in a silent question before she closed her mouth.

"I-um, o-oh."

Bella nodded her head once. "Mhmm."

"It's okay now. Mamá has enough money to buy a meal that will last a week."

"That's good," David said.

Again, she just nodded her head and played with her peas again. Calum laced his fingers with hers underneath the table.

"It'll be okay," he reassured her.

"I hope so," she whispered back, stabbing the pea onto her fork and examining it. They were just the leftovers from her real meal and didn't want to look rude. She was trying to eat as much as she could to try and make him happy.

×××

is anyone starting season 4 of teen wolf?? [i am (-: ]

be sure to check out my new lashton book "seeing double"

remember to leave a vote and a few comments ily all

-mahina xx