× e i g h t e e n ×

Chapter Eighteen: Who will make me fight?

blessing you with this gif :-) triple update yaaahhh

Dedicated to: lillysage_03 for adding my book to your reading list tysm ❤🙈

×××

×Mali-Koa×

They had actually ended up having a food fight somehow with Michael and Mali against Calum.

She realized that he wasn't cutting as often and wouldn't lock himself in the bathroom for hours on end. He had even started coming out of him room a bit more.

He squirted whipped cream across Mali's face and laughed at her scream, running into the bathroom and, hearing a thud, meant he had probably thrown his head against the door.

Mali heard him breathing heavily. She bit her lip to contain her giggles and sat down at the end of the hallway, waiting silently for him to come out. And then she heard what she hadn't heard from Calum in forever.

He laughed.

The sound of her younger brother laughing made tears form in her eyes from pure happiness.

Calum's laugh was something they hadn't heard ever since he was diagnosed with depression and it was a very rare occurrence.

She fumbled in her pocket for her phone to record the sound before it was too late. She had about three seconds done when she heard the creak of the door, indicating Calum had opened it. She quickly shut the recording off.

His head poked out and she watched from around the corner, spinning around and placing her back flat against the wall, James Bond style.

He walked slowly towards the corner, whipped cream in front of him like a gun, finger on the nozzle.

"I know you're there, Mali," Calum said, a small smile on his face as he continued to walk towards her. "You aren't exactly the quietest breather." He gave a small laugh.

Mali stopped breathing for a while. She was a heavy breather. She clutched the two bags of Skittles closer to her chest, dipping one hand in to scoop out some of the coloured lollies.

[i think u americans call it candy]

She exhaled shakily, trying to be quiet. Calum's footsteps faltered for a second before continuing, slower this time. Her heart started beating furiously, so loud she could feel the pulse in her temples.

Mali tightened her handful of Skittles, biting her cheek to keep quiet. She didn't want to give away her location.

Her gaze fell on two large feet covered by white and grey socks.

"Found ya," Calum said, squirting Mali with the whipped cream, making her throw the Skittles back in response.

"Skittles are useless against the power of whipped cream!" Calum yelled, laughing as Mali continued to throw Skittles at him.

He was right.

They barely affected him, but she was going to have so much trouble getting the stuff out of her hair and clothes.

The most damage Calum would have had would be little rainbow spots on his light grey t-shirt, and that didn't even sound bad.

"I think we're gonna win!" They both heard a voice say, spinning their heads in the direction, eyes widening and jaws dropping.

Their parents' stood there with the 5kg bag of flour, mischievous smiles on their faces.

"Dad no-!" Calum was silenced by a big handful of flour to his face, making his tanned face a shade of white.

Mali burst out laughing at how ridiculous he looked - not tanned but instead pale with a look of shock all over his face.

Her laughter was cut short however when their mum threw flour down Mali's t-shirt, laughing as her daughter shook the front of her t-shirt in hopes of getting the flour out.

In the end, Calum and Mali won - Skittles and whipped cream against flour.

And Mali secretly admitted that Calum was right: whipped cream was better than Skittles.

×××

hardcore family goals

how can one go from saucy to fluffy in one chapter? idk man

kik me cuz i'm bored: lmaomahina

Vote×Comment×Fan×Share×

ily all

-mahina xx