× n i n e t e e n ×

Chapter Nineteen: Drag me out alive?

same, calum

Dedicated to: wildflower-dreamerx for saying she loves my books AW

×××

×Bella×

Bella had been walking to the Hood house when she heard yelling going on.

She frowned and looked through the window from the street, seeing the Hood family having a food fight - flour being thrown by Joy and David against Calum with whipped cream and... were those Skittles Mali was throwing?

She shook her head, laughing slightly. Not wanting to ruin their happy family moment, she sat outside in their doorstep playing "Colour Switch" her phone.

[jesus this game is addicting]

She managed to beat her high score by twelve - which shocked her. She continued playing, too entranced in the game to realize someone had sat down next to her.

She messed up at the infinity sign, huffing in annoyance as she placed her head in her hands.

"You know, if you tapped faster you could've gotten it."

Bella jumped - her phone flying in the air - and looked at the person who spoke, who of course, was Calum.

"Maybe if you hadn't came out I would've made it," she mumbled, picking up her phone and dusting bits of dirt and grass off of the screen.

"How would I affect your scoring on the game?" Calum asked, looking at her in confusion.

"You staring at me puts me off," she replied simply.

"You don't notice me staring all the other times," Calum mumbled, almost so quiet Bella almost didn't hear it.

"What?"

"N-nothing... I just - I... f*ck."

She raised her eyebrows expectantly even though she knew what he meant.

"I just... I really like y-"

"Hi, Bella!"

She couldn't deny that her heart twisted because Calum hadn't been able to complete his sentence because Michael had come out.

"Hi, Mikey."

Calum looked between the two, obviously confused. "You two know each other?"

Michael's pale cheeks flushed a deep red while Bella just laughed. "Yeah, quite a while back."

"Why'd you break up?"

"My mama was crazy," Bella admitted honestly. Michael just nodded, too embarrassed to say anything.

"And... I guess it didn't feel right," Michael added. Bella nodded showing she agreed with him.

"And because of my headspace," Michael said quietly.

Looking at him, Bella realized that he had grown since they broke up. She used to be the same height as him, just a little bit taller. It was the opposite now.

His fingers were still short and chubby, however but now they were adorned with tattoos.

An anchor on his thumb, arm bands around his arm, an "X" on his finger, "To the moon" in cursive underneath his bicep.

[don't judge if these are wrong i think those are all right]

He had pierced his ears and eyebrow and was currently wearing stretchers.

He had glo'd up. If that was the right term.

Bella ruffled his hair lightly, making him groan in annoyance. "What is it with people ruffling my hair?" Michael whined.

"It's fluffy," Calum said with a shrug.

"And it's funny watch you get annoyed," Bella mumbled, looking down at her phone.

She promised her mum she would be home by 7.00. It was 6.30 now, so she had about twenty minutes plus the walk to her home which took about seven minutes.

"I should be going. Gracie's probably wondering where I am."

Gracie was the small kitten Michael and his mother were currently looking after. Michael made it sound like Gracie was a person, which was adorable.

"See ya later," Michael said, giving Calum a bro-handshake and Bella a quick kiss on the cheek. And she didn't like the look on Calum's face.

×××

no dirty doodie 4 u haha

HOLY MOLEY LISTEN TO "Please don't go" BY JOEL ADAMS (song in media)
he's pretty hot too

FINALLY MY BOI LEO GOT HIS OSCAR ASDFGHJKLSHKWBSI

Vote×Comment×Fan×Share×

ily all

-mahina xx