Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

I kissed her, stopping her tantrum. “It’s okay Belle. It’s worth it.” I smiled a pained smile and tugged on her hands, begging her to resume walking while both of us still had the strength to face the Alphas head on.

I hesitated by the doors. Reluctant to finally put an end to that chapter of our lives. Belle smiled at me encouragingly and I pushed the doors open with a sigh. Alphas were scattered all around the room, every one of them seemed to have a different level of agitation on their face. The most livid one was Kyle, but it was hardly anything new.

I knew Belle’s family would be there. Her mother broke into crying the moment Belle stepped through the doors. But I was surprised to find my family there as well. My mother smiled at me encouragingly, and it gave me the strength I needed to finally get into the room.

“Ashton. Belle.” Kyle hissed as we entered, turning to face us. “We were waiting for you.”  His words were ominous on so many levels, but I ignored that as I pushed Belle behind me and faced his overwhelming presence.

“We are here now.” I said confidently, and I could see his eyes gleam dangerously as he took a step closer to us. I bit down on my lip, resisting the urge to growl at him. I could taste blood in my mouth as he got even closer to us.

He surprised me when he looked at Belle with something that I could only recognise as compassion. “Are you all right, Belle?” I almost laughed. Why bother asking if he didn’t really care in the first place?

“I’m okay, Alpha.” She muttered, looking to the floor. “Thank you for your concern.” He smiled nodding to her and motioning for us to take a seat on the couch. I hesitated for a second before taking Belle over to it and perching her next to me.

“Let’s start this.” Kyle announced and I heard Sydney snort. I couldn’t help but smirk. “Isabelle Night, daughter of my Beta, has recently been kidnapped. We are here to announce whether or not she can be allowed back into the mating ceremony after the events that took place during her capture.”

I almost gagged at his words. He was turning the whole deal into some official event of tremendous importance, when in reality all he had to do was say she was allowed back to the ceremony. I could tell my father wasn’t happy with him either as he growled and glared at the Alpha.

Kyle ignored him as he proceeded. “After taking everything into consideration we have decided on what shall be of her.” I growled this time, I wanted him to get over whit the whole chit chat and just tell us the decision. “She will be allowed to remain in Alpha competition under one condition.”

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do first. Grin like an idiot and kiss her, twirling her around or rip his head off. They were treating her as if it was her fault she got kidnapped. “A condition?” Belle breathed, going pale.

I squeezed her hand and turned to Alpha, growling. “What is the meaning of this? None of this is her fault!” He glared at me, but other than that he ignored me entirely as he took a step toward Belle and looked her straight into her eye.

“Isabelle Night is to immediately renew her connection with her pack. Only if she agrees to do so, and once again obey all of the rules of our pack, accepting me as her pack leader, will she be allowed to remain in the mating ceremony.”

Isabelle

The silence that followed was so thick it threatened to choke me. All eyes were glued to me and Ash squeezed my hand.

Renew my connection to the pack? It was closed off for three years, opening it again would be a pain, I thought looking at the floor.

“Why should she have to when you were the one who closed it off?” Sid snapped.