Chapter Eighteen

New chpter is up! Also, we have posted a new book, check it out! 

Don't forget to vote and comment!

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 18

Ashton

I was blissfully ignorant of the tension that was building up in the room ever since Belle left. Cameron came back, spending his time glaring at each of us as he finished his meal. Blake seemed as if he was torn between glaring at me and dozing off, but he mostly dozed off. Reece was... well, Reece. He had a stupid smile on his face as he peered off into space, and I had a funny feeling it had something to do with Maddie, while Cole merely looked at all of us as if we were a bad soap opera that was arranged just for his amusement.

I don’t really know what I was eating, it might as well been nothing more than a bowl of cereals, but whatever it was it tasted well. I was an ass that was thoroughly focused only on the fact that she didn’t push me away once in the last twenty-four hours.

I almost missed it when a sudden wave of fear rolled over me. It was strong and potent, pushing back all of the others emotions. The only thing rivalling it was the rage I sensed that closely followed the fear. Belle.

With that one thought my breakfast was long forgotten as I rushed forward, growling warningly as Blake and Cameron tried to follow me. Blake looked torn between ignoring my warning and trying to attack me right then and there, and Cameron merely proudly rose his nose and went to sit down again.

I groaned in frustration as I felt Blake follow me anyway. Still, I ignored him as I rushed over the ground. One of the guards was foolish enough to try stopping us, the other backed away when they saw two pissed off Alphas coming their way, and earned himself a new pair of claw marks from me and a punch form Blake.

The others just shook their heads at him, not bothering to fight us. I broke through the doors, spotting Belle on the couch of the living room. I could no longer feel fear rolling off her, but there was still a sense of dread and insecurity littering the room.

“Belle?” I whispered as I approached her. “What happened?” I sat next to her as gently as I could and put my hands around her. She surprised me again when she didn’t move away, and leaned into me instead.

“I... It’s nothing.” She breathed against my neck as she cuddled even closer to me. I could feel as Blake tensed behind me, clearly annoyed by the way Belle was acting. I felt like purring, and immediately scolded myself for feeling that way while she was clearly hurt.

“Just tell us, Belle.” He said, softer than I expected him to.

“It’s just... Head Luna was here.” She whispered, completely explaining why the feeling of dread before was so thoroughly unnerving.

 There was a surprised intake of breath behind us as I felt Cameron’s presence. He obviously ignored my warning and came anyway too. “My mother was here?! What did she do?!” Belle hesitated, and he didn’t like it. “Just tell me.” He hissed and I growled, not really liking the tone of his voice.

Belle sighed and looked away from me. Cameron growled in rage and turned around, obviously ready to leave. “Fine then, I’ll ask her myself.” He but out and I immediately felt Belle tense in my arms as he exited the room.

She tried to get up and I growled, holding her down. She started to protest, but before she could I quickly scooped her in my arms and stood up, ignoring the protesting Blake as I went right past him. I followed after him as quickly as I could without hurting Belle.