Chapter Thirty One

Guess who finally decided to update! Yep, we did! Sorry for the hold up... Hope you like it!

Enjoy, Comment, Vote! 

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 31

Isabelle

Two days and I’ll be a mate, I thought numbly sitting on the edge of the dock staring out at the fading sun. The rest of the dates had gone so well, especially the one with Ash though he just spent most of the time kissing me, not that I was complaining. We weren’t as bad as Maddie and Reece though, they seemed to be trying to put on a show for the rest of us.

“Can I join?”

I glanced up with a squeak of surprise, seeing a grinning Cam looming over me. He took my silence for a yes and sat next to me, leaning back on his hands.

“So, two days huh?”

“Yup,” I nodded. “I’m actually glad it’s over.”

“Me too,” he sighed and scratched the back of his head. “Are we..ya know...OK?”

“OK? Yeah. As long as you don’t revert back to your normal ways, I guess,” I replied.

He winced slightly but nodded his head, “Is there any way I can ever make up for that?”

“Probably not,” I mumbled leaning forward, resting my knees on my legs.

 “I’m sorry,” he whispered.

“I know,” I replied and peeked at him from the corner of my eye. “So you and Annabelle, huh?”

Rolling his eyes, he leaned back on his elbows. “Don’t start.”

“Why not?” I wondered. “I always imagined you two would get together at some stage just never as mates.”

“You say it as if it were a bad thing,” he grumbled.

“So you are choosing her!” I squealed with a giggled.

“Wow, I pity Ash,” He mumbled with a grin. “You’re a handful.”

“But worth it!” I shot back childishly sticking out my tongue at him.

“Do that again and I’ll cut it off,” he warned, his eyes narrowing slightly.

“Oh please Cam, no macho alpha shit now,” I groaned but it transformed into a shriek as I was sent flying off the dock and into the freezing cold water.

Coughing and sputtering, I broke through the surface and glared at the laughing idiot. Scowling, I treaded water and waited for the buffoon to shut up and help me out. Cam peered at me, still chuckling and my scowl intensified when he burst out laughing again.

“What now?!”

“You look like a pissed off kitten!” he howled falling onto his back and clutching at his stomach.

“Well if you don’t get me out of here right now, I will show you how pissed off I can get!” I snarled. “I’m sure you’ll want kids in the future, it’ll be pretty hard when I rip your equipment off!”

That shut him up quickly. Jerking into sitting position, I swam to the dock and grabbed his hand, letting him yank me out of the water and dump me next to him.

“You’re an ass, you know that?” I asked wringing out my drenched top.

                                                                                                *******