Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(Present Time)

(Continue Snake)

I just sat and flip through the channel on the tv. Since the car accident things between me and April gotten worse. I've been charged with manslaughter because two of April kids got killed in the accident and April told them I was speeding. Which I was but I was trying to get out of the crazy storm that night and I wouldn't have been driving that night in the first place if I wasn't picking her ass up from jail. But I been on house arrest the last year now and it is not fun. But this is my last week on house arrest then I'm a free women. The most I can go outside is in my front yard or on the balcony. But Shakes is still holding my job down while I'm away. As I was about to take a nap my niece comes running down the stairs. She smiles at me then sits on my lap.

Little Serena: Hi aunty

Snake: Hi kiddo what's up

Little Serena: Can you pretty pretty please make me cookies please I love your cookies its the best

Snake: Is it okay with your dad

Little Serena: Yeah he told me to make sure you okay first

Snake: Well then I guess I'm making cookies

Little Serena: YAY

She got off me and ran back up the stairs in excitement. Since the accident I was in a wheelchair for a while and I recently just stop using it. Now I have to walk with a cane and I feel very weak sometimes. Besides April kids dying I got the worse of the accident. I had to get some plastic surgery done to my face because of glass that got stuck inside. Some even got in my eyes and I'm half blind in my right eye now. So I have to wear glasses now. I even hit my head really hard and my body just isn't the same at all. I can't do have the stuff I used too. I got up off the couch and made my way to the kitchen. That's where I found April sitting around eating. I wasn't in the mood to argue with her so I gave her a little smile. Instead she gave me the middle finger and continued texting or whatever the fuck she was doing on her phone and eating. I paid her no mind and just got the ingredients ready for the cookies. As I was putting stuff on the counter I accidentally knocked down the bowl that I needed.

Snake: April can you get that for me please

April: Tuh no get it yourself

Snake: Please you know I have problems with my back and bending over is a lot for me

April: Oh well sounds like a personal problem

I glared at her then decided arguing with her isn't worth it. I have a headache right now and I didn't wanna go through all the screaming and yelling. I decided I'll just suck it up and get it myself. As I tried reaching for it I felt dizzy. My body was growing weak and everything around me was spinning. I tried to stand back up but before I knew it I collapsed on the floor.

I woke up hours later and I realized I was in my own bed. I still had a bad headache and I felt weak. I looked around the room and realized it was almost midnight. The last time I seen the time it was around two in the afternoon. I laid there for bit before trying to get up. Just then April walked in the room with pizza and a bunch of snacks and movies. She sat down on the bed next to me and took a deep breath before speaking.

April: You know you scared me earlier when you passed out like that

Snake: I wouldn't have if you did that one favor I asked, you didn't have to be a bitch earlier

April: Look I'm sorry about that earlier and I think when your house arrest is over we should get marriage counseling. I'm not trying to hear my parents mouth saying they were right about us not working out

Snake: We don't need another person in our business we can work it out ourselves

April:............Fine whatever well I got your favorite pizza and snacks and some movies for us to watch

Snake: Cool

We looked at each other and gave each other a soft smile. We started eating and watching movies and eventually we started arguing again. That caused April to get dress and leave the house. I just laid down in bed and cried myself to sleep. I don't wanna lose her but I feel like she's already gone.

Author Message

Thanks for reading everyone and hope you enjoyed the chapter and enjoying the story so far. Don't forget to vote and comment and stay tuned everyone.