Partying (Sort Of) with the Ponies

3rd POV with Percy Jackson

Percy had finally cleaned off the pink paint. It was almost as if he had become a pink-magnet since Khaos blessed him. Why couldn't Khaos like blue? It's so much better!

Percy wiped the water off his hands before looking into the barrel he had used to rid himself of paint. He turned his head a little at his reflection.

Percy had never been obsessed with how he looked. He could wear a sweatshirt and track shorts and be perfectly comfortable, even at a Black-Tie event. But now, seeing himself scrubbed raw with small flecks of paint still in his hair, he really couldn't help but wonder why Annabeth would choose him over anybody else.

Sure! The whole camp had shipped Percabeth since at least his second quest, but Annabeth was so smart, so beautiful. Why would she want him?

He always portrayed himself as an idiot. It made people underestimate you; a skill Percy learned to appreciate. Only a few people knew of his past. How he had actually gotten pretty good grades in school until Gabe nicknamed him Brain Boy. Percy wanted nothing to do with any connections to Gabe, so he stopped trying. After Gabe magically disappeared, leaving only a statue in his wake, Percy thought he might be able to try again. But he couldn't bring himself to attempt it. Too many memories returned.

The camp had bought his idiot act. They believed it without hesitation. And Percy had to admit; that hurt a lot.

Everyone believed it. So why would Percy try to stop them? It's not like they'd even bother to try and see a different way. Only Chiron could really tell Percy had more brain than he let on, and Annabeth knew not to underestimate him. But everyone else? Why bother?

And since he had finally been accepted at camp, he cared a little more about what he looked like, if only to show he wasn't always dressed like a bum. Yeah, he'd had girls attracted to him. He wasn't completely obvious. He had noticed a lot more than people let on. But he didn't let anyone know. Best to let them think like they want.

There were a lot of myths about Percy and Annabeth's time in Tartarus. Everyone imagined they'd have a fear of elevators, or the dark, or something like that. What they don't get was that the Doors of Death were the escape, the exit, from that hole. Elevators were actually quite loved by them both. Darkness, well all dark is lighter now than before because after seeing Nyx, nothing will ever be that dark. Nightmares? Yeah. They had them. So did Nico. But we're they absolutely horrible? No. In fact, in a way, Tartarus helped. Nothing could ever scare those three demigods again. Everything was just too nice after The Pit.

And then the camp always thought Percy would be offended if they ate fish at dinner or lunch. Half the time, he just want to yell out that most fish ate another fish that ate another. It was the circle of life. Why would it bother him? There was so much truly unknown about the hero that was Percy Jackson.

Percy also had some random hidden talents. It was true: Percy Jackson had been known to cause avalanches with his singing. But he could play the piano and guitar pretty well. In fact, he was self taught, making Percy all the more proud of what he can do. Percy could play Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, you name it. He could even play a Spanish guitar. And he loved it.

Percy could also do a lot of random tricks and moves. Not dance moves, but gymnastic-like stuff. He could do a back handspring since he was eight, and he can also do a mean front roll. In the air. And then flip a lot. He never took gymnastics, he could just do some moves he saw on TV and wanted to try. He wouldn't stop until it was mastered.

Percy took one more look at his reflection. He began humming the Mulan song, and walked towards the campfire, where all the centaurs were.

"Hey, Bertie!" Percy called to a centaur near him. "Are there any wise centaurs at your camp? Like, Chiron-like maybe?"

Bertie shook his head quickly, making the afro he sported jiggle in the air. Percy stared at it for a few seconds.

"No, Percy dude. There ain't nobody like Chiron anywhere in the world, yo. But there is a guy." Bertie ceased speaking and Percy leaned in hoping for Bertie to continue.

When nothing came forth he coaxed Bertie with an, "And....."

Bertie looked up form his root beer. "His name is FAFO."

Percy blinked. "FAFO?"

"Yeah, man. FAFO. He's one wise guy, bro."

"He is?"

"Dude.... He's like, the wisest of us all... FAFO.... Yeah that's his name. It's shortened for Freakishly Awesome Fun Ows. His real name. FAFO is the wisest centaur we have. It's almost like he knows what's gonna happen before we shoot paintballs at each others' faces! Like, who could possibly know that would hurt?"

"Only a wise centaur, I guess," Percy replied, thinking in his head, I have never been more wrong about anything in my life. Chiron, you are alone in this world.

Bertie spoke again. "Yeah. Real wise! And he also said, 'Guys, if you tip a tractor, the farmer gets mad!' 'Course we didn't listen. But he was right. That farmer thought we were a bunch of wild horses and tries to lasso us. Almost caught my dear friend, Ernie." Bertie looked over to a centaur with a black coat who was staring at the fire with wide eyes.

Ernie looked up and told them, "Dudes, don't stare at fire. You see visions. Percy's eyebrows had almost left his head. He looked back at Bertie, who was at least, slightly sane.

"Well, Perce. If you wanna find FAFO, you gotta go to a place nearby, but far away from home. They've got the initials of B. P. S. Think you can find it?"

Percy glances at Bertie incredulously. "If you know, why can't you just tell me?"

"Where's the fun in that?!" Bertie yelled out, as if it was the funniest thing he'd ever said.

Percy shook his head, thanked the centaurs, and went into the tent the centaurs so kindly pitched for him.

Percy would find this FAFO in the morning.

The one-sided Ananke Alert blinked out of view.

The primordial council looked around at each other.

Ananke Alerts were different than Iris Messages in the fact that they let you hear the thoughts of whoever your talking to. But unlike an IM, an AA was only used when thought important to whichever cause the person receiving the message was involved in. This message was thought to be important for the Primordials because Perseus Jackson is to be their champion one day. And knowing how he thinks could definitely help. And they also learned of why he had to leave Camp Half-Blood.

"A curse, you say," Chronos muttered to himself.

There was quite a bit of chatter throughout the room, an most of it was centered on the curse Perseus was under.

The Council had been watching since Percy had cleaned off the pink paint and stared at himself. They heard all the thoughts in his head, and it's fair to say that they were shocked. Surely, people wouldn't think him to be an idiot just because. The Council had all thought Percy was renowned for everything. Apparently not.

Khaos pondered this curse. He had an idea, a simple, yet effective idea, on how to make Perseus the champion of the Primordials without much hassle.

Oh yes, Khaos thought. Perseus, aren't you in for a shock.

And with that, Khaos sent a beam down to Earth, with all intent of making it so Perseus would not easily find a way to remove the curse, and instead, must do the Council's bidding.