2.1

Ethan's POV

August 14. A date I will never forget. Alana Easley's funeral.

I stood in my room, dressed and ready to go to the funeral. Well I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to say goodbye. I wasn't ready to look at her lifeless body. I wasn't ready to hear what people would say about her.

"It's time to go. You sure you want to go?" Grayson asked me, breaking my train of thoughts.

"Yeah I still want to go," I sigh. "She'd be hurt if I didn't."

I took a deep breath, "Here goes nothing." I mumbled to myself before following Grayson out of the house.

We arrived to the tiny church in our town and not many people were there yet. We got out and walked inside just to see her casket and pictures of her. She looked so happy in them. What happened to that happy girl?

I studied the faces of people that showed up. I mostly saw what I assumed was family members, a few people I had seen in the hallways at school and her small group of friends. Only her parents were the ones who had tear stained cheeks.

The service started and I couldn't focus. I didn't hear what people were saying. I could only stare at Alana's casket and think of memories we had. Think of what I could of done to make sure that she was still here. I felt horrible, I let her down and that was the last thing that I wanted to do.

After the service I walked up to her casket and looked at her. Her lifeless body.

"Why didn't come to me? I would of helped you get through whatever made you feel that suicide was the answer," I asked staring at her, a lump already forming in the back of my throat. "I thought we were close enough that we could always turn to each other no matter what." I pause, tears now forming. "You made me happy, even though you were stubborn and sarcastic," I chuckle softly and wipe away the tears that had fallen. "It was you and me against the world. Remember our spot. Of course you do because that's where we spent a lot of our time together. We would talk just to talk or just sit and watch the clouds. We had fun. You made me forget all my problems. I just wish there was something I could do to bring you back because I feel like I'm missing my other half." I pause. " I love you Alana and I always will. This is not goodbye Alana, this is until next time." I finish, not bothering to wipe away the tears streaming down my face.

_____________________

And that's a wrap. Sorry it was a rushed ending but I was getting tired of where this book was going.. Thank you all for reading :)

I will most likely be posting another book at some point so keep looking and be ready :)

Thanks again for reading loves :)