0.1

*ethans pov*

"Did you hear about her?"

"Is she really dead?"

"What happened?"

"How?"

Those were just some of the rumors and whispers floating around the hallways as I walked to my locker. Nobody even tried to change the subject.

"Ethan!" I heard someone shout. I turned around to see my brother, Grayson, making his way towards me, with a frown on his face.

"Yeah?" I asked once he approached me.

"She passed away," he told me. He didn't have to mention her name. I knew who he was talking about.

Alana Easley.

"How?" I asked him.

Woah. Now I'm one of those people asking the questions. I thought to myself.

"Police confirmed it a suicide," he says, sighing softly.

"Do they know why?" I asked, also sighing.

"Her parents aren't speaking to anybody about the situation. Even her friends are shocked that she did something like this," Grayson said, his gaze on the floor, feeling uncomfortable.

I pursed my lips together, glancing around the hallway at everybody. Different whispers, different looks, different conversations. 

"Look I knew you liked her," Grayson said after a moment silence.

"Not in a romantic way," At least that's what I told myself, "I liked having her company." I stated and he nodded slightly.

We bid our goodbyes, parting our different ways. Sighing, I walk into first period. 

----------------------------------------------------

Short first chapter, but hoped you enjoyed it!

Comment and vote if you want to. It would be greatly appreciated!

Have a nice day loves!