1.8

Ethan's pov

I set Alana's diary down. Memories came rushing back to me. We had a lot of memories.

I checked the time and it had been two hours since I started reading her diary.

I felt bad for reading a dead girl's diary at first but a part of me felt bad for her. She just wanted to be loved.

I should of given her that.

But it was too late now. No one deserves to die. Especially good souls like hers.

I started to think of more times with her. As I continued thinking one memory hit me.

One year ago

It was a nice day and I texted Alana to meet me at our usual spot. I heard her approaching and turned to see her wavy hair and her bright brown eyes. She looked gorgeous.

She smiled "Can't get enough of me huh?" She teased and sat down beside me. 

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

We just sat there enjoying each others company until her phone went off.

She answered and her expression changed.

"I'm sorry. I have to go. Something happened to my cousin," And with that she was gone before I could say anything. I remember her telling me at one point of time that her and her cousin were close.

I remember how pale her face got. Almost like she saw a ghost. 

I knew I had to keep reading to find out what happened to her cousin because after that day, I didn't hear from Alana again.

You have to expect the unexpected.

_____

Happy New Year's!