0.2

*ethans pov*

Why do people just leave without a goodbye? Not even a proper wave. Next thing you know, they're gone and nothing you can do to bring them back.

Did somebody pop into your mind?

If not, maybe you are the person that left.

So tell me, why do people leave?

That was the only question that swam through my mind. Just like everyone else, I was curious but I didn't gossip about it.

What happened that had made her feel so terrible, that she thought suicide was the answer?

I walked home, like usual after school. It was a cloudy and glum day. Seemed as even mother-nature was sad about the events that had taken place.

I slowed my pace as I came to a house. Usually I wouldn't even glance at this house. The house that Alana had lived in. But I couldn't ignore it today.

I noticed a worn out women, who was sobbing, come out of the house, throwing what seemed to be a book in the trash. She looked eager to get rid of the book. As soon as she was out, she was right back inside.

What was in that book?

Being my curious self, I quickly walked toward the trash bin and grabbed the book.

It was a pretty thick book. I held it tightly and quickly walked home. I rushed up to my room and glanced down at the title. My breath hitched and I immediately regretted it.

Diary of Alana Easley

I felt terrible for taking her diary. I mean her mom threw it away but still.

I placed the book under my pillow and went downstairs, seeing nobody was home but Grayson and me. But Grayson was up in his room. I read the note that was left on the counter.

Dinner is in the fridge. Reheat it when you want to eat.

Love you,

Mom

I reheated the food and went back upstairs to my room, closing the door behind me. I walked back over to my bed, sitting down and removing the book from under my pillow. I sat there and stared at it.

Do I really want to read this?

I got my answer as I opened it up and started reading the first entry.

__________________________________________

Chapter 2!

I would appreciate feedback :))

Thanks for reading babes