Chapter Eighty-Four

Start from the beginning

We entered the control room. It was massive. On the far side of the room were grey counters covered in buttons and, on the wall above it, a massive window. A few pilots stood by the counters and managed the ship.

There was a giant black table in the middle of the room with several blue holograms projected above it and tons of important looking employees surrounding the table. Several of them noticed our entrance and made plenty of room for us.

Kylo Ren boldly walked up to the table and began observing the holograms. I moved forward and stood next to him, curiously peering up at all of the strange holograms that displayed significant information. I simply couldn't decipher any of it, but I continued my interest in them. These holograms would either prove successful and potentially spare my life, or they could be failures and be the causation of my death. 

Kylo Ren began speaking, and I noticed how truly authoritative he was. I had never really seen him in battle. I had never truly seen Kylo Ren commanding an army, and let me tell you, it was extremely impressive and quite attractive. 

"The insider was valid?" He questioned; his voice echoed against the walls. Kylo Ren stood with perfect posture and it was easy to identify him as the most powerful man in the room. 

"Yes, sir. They relayed all of the floor plans and the location of the power box to us." One person replied from across the table. 

I had to quickly evaluate what their words meant in my mind so I could understand what was going on. So The First Order had an insider working in this organization and the insider was able to give the floor plans of the enemy base and where they are hiding my power box to us.

"Good. And what has the determination of jobs turned out to be?" Kylo Ren asked, looking around the table at the various employees. Most looked clueless, but one spoke up. 

"The professionals have deemed it fit that both yourself and Nira venture inside the base and find the box. If possible, you could both take the box back to The First Order's fleet; if not, secure it and protect it against all costs. You'd both be given communication devices, back-up weapons, and several other necessities that you could possibly need." The employee confidently answered. 

Kylo Ren nodded, but then added, "And what about my other two apprentices?" 

"Um, sir, Kubos and Kespia have both been assigned basic battle duties, along with the stormtroopers. If they are able to take down any enemy defensive or offensive mechanisms that would be excellent." Someone piped up. 

Kylo Ren was quiet for a few short moments before speaking up once more. "These plans have received my approval and permission. They may be continued and applied in battle. I feel as if we will be successful."

Then catastrophe struck.

My eyes wandered over to the windows, where I located several other ships that belonged to The First Order very nearby in space. I hadn't realized that several other ships from The First Order had tagged along on the expedition. They were stationary and close to our own.

As I viewed the other large ships, as if in slow motion, I watched a sharp volt of purple electricity shoot through space. Recognition swept through me as I watched the purple electricity hit one of The First Order's ships and completely blow it up. The ship was blasted into smithereens and the electricity disappeared. 

I couldn't take my wide, shocked eyes away from the place where the ally ship had once been. 

That had been my power.

All was quiet to me. I faintly sensed an outburst of panic around me and I felt myself being jostled by a hurried flurry of bodies throughout the control room. I just couldn't stop looking at the remains of the ship floating aimlessly around. My powers had destroyed that ship.