Chapter 20 - Real and Normal

Start from the beginning

“I can stay here with you.  We can travel somewhere, anywhere you like.  I can take a leave of absence and…”  He bit the hand that silenced his lips.

“I cannot be that selfish, B.  WE, should not be that selfish.  Sure I would love to have you around but there are people out there who need us.  Don’t you think?”

Keegan sighed deeply as he rested his forehead on her cleavage.  “I guess you’re right.  It’s just that I only wish we could have more time for each other.  I have waited years for you babe.”

“I will always be here when you get home, B.  I’m not going anywhere.  Well, besides going to the pack house that is.”  She pursed her lip and blew on a stray hair that fell on her eye.  Keegan tucked her hair behind her ear and kissed her deeply.  She reluctantly broke the kiss. 

“Now, help me up so I can make you breakfast or you’ll be late for work.  Go get your shower and I’ll meet you downstairs.”

 She started to push him gently to get up when Keegan grabbed both her wrists and pinned them on top of her head.  She was wide eyed in confusion.  “What?”

“I Love You, baby.  I just want you to know that.” 

“I know and I love you more.  Now get up you insatiable brute.”  She joked.  Keegan dragged her out of the bed and carried her caveman style towards the bathroom.

“Only with you baby, only with you. Shower with me.”

“Argh, you fiend, put me down.  If I shower with you, you know what is going to happen.  I am no longer in heat, B.”  She protested.

“I know and I dread the loss.  But it still doesn’t change the fact that I am hot for you.  Always.”    Then he swatted her rear for emphasis.

Queran stared at his mate sitting across from her as she sipped her latte.  They just consumed a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs and slices of French toast.  He was still eye fucking her after 2 bouts of lovemaking.  She blushed at the remembrance of it.

“Will you stop eye fucking me, B.  You. Are. Going. To be. Late!”  Her jaw was too tired to speak so she chastised him through the mind link.

Keegan spurted his coffee in surprise.  “Language, my sweet.  I hate the term fuck because with you is always making love.”

“Stop with all this bedroom talk.  You have work to go to and I need to sort things out in the pack house.  I swear I could already be pregnant with the way we have been going at it.  Seriously, give me a break, B and focus on the work at hand. Okay?”  She waved her hand in front of his stunned face.

“What is it now, B?”  Keegan took her hand and kissed her palm.  He got up from his seat and kneeled in front of her, his palm to her belly.

“Nothing.  For awhile there I was thinking of that very possibility.  There is nothing I want more than to see you heavy with my pup.”  He kissed her tummy as she stroked his hair lovingly.

“Same here, B.”

“Just take it easy today baby.  John and Tanner will escort you to the pack house later.  I don’t want you stressing yourself much.  You hear?  I’ll be home by 9 tonight.  Call me if you need anything.  And I mean ANY THING.”

“I will, B.  Now go on.”  She pulled his head to give him a kiss goodbye.

*****