"Shit nothing much...bout to head over.."

"Aw, good. So this is Dre, he looking to make quick cash and his trigger finger deadly."

I nodded my head to him. "What's up man." I gave him dap.

"What's up."

"So you down with poppin caps."

He frowned his head then slowly started to shake his head no.

"It's 17,000 a body and that's just the minimal."

His eyebrows rose and his face changed.

"Just the minimal?"

I nodded my head.

"Uh, ight then bro."

"Ight c'mon, we headed down to my trap, we gone go over some things then we gone have to see how deadly yo fingers are."

We walked out and hopped in the house. Something about dude came off as cool as hell but shit I guess we will see.

I set him up at the target and gave him my 9 since he will need to know the basics first. He used one hand and turned the gun. He shot three times at each target and I looked at each of them.

"Is that it.?"

I looked at the board figures to see a holes between the eyes of each of them.

"Ight, I'm wit' it." I chuckled.

I handed him a rifle and set moving targets and as before he diced each one.

"Ight bro." I grabbed the rifle and placed it back.

"Come with me." I handed him a lock and guided him towards the main room where everybody was.

Just as we were walking in Rashad stormed between us and out the door. I frowned and went to follow him. I stepped outside and his car was swerving off.

Ya'ninae Jones
------------------------
"God I'm so damn tired." I huffed out as Jamez screamed for his grandmother.

I searched through my nightstand and pulled out the bottle off ibuprofen and went in the bathroom for the NyQuil. I washed the pills down with the NyQuil and went back in the room. I tuned out Jamez's screams and laid down in the suddenly heavenly bed.

~

I woke up and took a quick shower. I put some decent clothes on and trudged back to my room and was met with big brown eyes. I sighed quietly as I walked past him and sat down on my bed. I jumped as his he screamed. I looked at him and tears started rolling down his face. I put my head in my hands and I sighed loudly. I got up and picked him up. I started to rock him as he screamed in my ear. I walked downstairs and rocked him faster as his screaming started to echo in my ears. My chest started to get tight as I felt tears sting at the back of my eyes. I walked in circles as his crying was never ending. I could my feel first tear escape my eye as another one followed. My ears started to ring and my head throbbed. I felt someone take Jamez out of my hands and I looked up at my mother. My cries turned into full blown sobs and I felt my mother pull me into a tight hug. I hugged her back.

"I got this baby, go out and take a walk get some fresh air."

She wiped my tears from my eyes and I walked out the house. I took deep breaths as my chest heaved up and down from my crying. The hot air felt like it was sticking to my skin as the sun rays beamed down on my uncovered skin. I walked past the dope boys and crack heads. I looked around and found myself at the park. I sat on the nearest bench and looked out to my surroundings. Graffiti covered brick walls,Old buildings with chipped paint and old ripped signs, group of people hanging around talking about nothing, fights breaking out of no where. This is what I have known my whole life. Even as a little girl I always dreamed to have the big old houses driving the nice fancy car. Smart girl my daddy always said. You gone be something big... I took a deep breath as realization sunk in. I watched as a girl yelled at her son I'm assuming, to hurry up. The little boy couldn't have been no older than 5. I put my head in my hands as Jamez filled my thoughts. How could I have been so stupid. That night was the night I had let everything I cherished go. My virginity, my scholarship, my future. All because I couldn't keep my damn legs closed. I was a 19 year old mother, flipping burgers, and living with my mother. I was the exact image of how society sees the black culture. A bunch of crumb snatchers waiting on the next damn wel-fare check. Not only that but I birthed a child to a money dripping thug. Just another one of his hoes is exactly what I was and just another girl who proved society right. The only good thing that came from my decision was Jamez. God knows I would take a bullet for him, I loved that boy with my everything... but he also knows how much I wish I could go back and changed what I did. I sat there and cried. That's all I could do. My chest ached as I tried to control my sobs. I failed myself, my mother, my brothers, and most of all my father.