The Nazis

The Nazis hurried to get us out of the barracks for roll call. Ewa got ahead of me as I fell behind the line in the chaos. I ran to line of women already assembled. 'God, they are acting like their lives depended on counting us' I nearly giggled at the thought of those awful S.S guards being shot because of my absence.
"Woman you are late," one guard growled. Not thinking clearly I scoffed and said, "Surely my being late isn't going to destroy the Reich!" Saying that was a dire mistake. His face turned red and he threw me to the ground and he beat me with a club. His club hit my back, my shoulders, my arm! Suddenly, I heard something crack, I groaned and curled up in a ball with my arms protecting my neck. His club kept hitting my back and hands until I started coughing up blood. The pain was excruciating. Suddenly he pulled me up and shoved me in line right next to Ewa, then resumed counting. This gave me a chance to examine my right hand. My wrist was bent to the side unnaturally, most of my fingers were broken and gnarled. There was a cut along my wrist. Surprisingly instead of going to work we were herded into our barrack.
The commotion of trucks, curses in German and boots thumping filled the air. Gates clanging and screaming men women, and children sent shivers down my spine. After a bit we peeked out the door, the Germans had left it unlocked. What I saw made me nearly faint, the Nazis were gone!
Eventually some cut the wires on some gates so that we could travel in between the sub camps. I was rummaging for clothing and blankets in Kanada, the Nazis storage building. Seeing the clothing and goods of people who have been most likely murdered was painful.
Wrapping my arm around my sleeping sister was the one comfort I had. I want the allies to come set us free. However all I can do is hope.