Character Introduction

Olga Litynski - A tall woman with almost colorless blond hair and light blue eyes. She appears in mid calf long dresses with a brooch studded with sapphires, a family heirloom. The mother of Katarzyna, Ewa, Fayge , and Reuven. The aunt of Haya , Ksenia , and Czesława. She is a stubborn woman who cares deeply about her family.

 Katarzyna Litynski- A average Polish girl and main protagonist. She is the daughter of Olga and Stanislaw Litynski . She has golden blond hair and bright blue eyes, her face has barely noticeable freckles on her nose and cheeks. She is 6 at the beginning of the book and 12  at the end. She admires her older cousin Haya and deeply cares about her family.

Haya Abramowicz- A tall girl who is the daughter of Olga older brother Selig and his wife Itka who died from extreme blood loss shortly after Haya was born. After Selig died from cholera she was sent to live with Olga when Katarzyna was two. She has light brown hair and grey-blue eyes and is small boned.  She is a happy go lucky girl who always seems to be smiling. She calls Katarzyna , Little Kotek, or little kitten in polish because she realized that the first three letters in her cousins name spell kat or cat in English .

Ewa Litynski- A  six year old girl with short blond and blue eyes, she is Katarzyna's sister. She is sweet and kind of shy around new people and loves her older sister dearly. She is eight when the story ends and two when it begins.

Fayge Litynski- Fayge is a little girl who is energetic, very curious, and is annoyed by her little brother. Fayge has inherited her paternal grandmother red gold curls and amber eyes. She is six months old when the story begins and six when it ends.

 Reuven Litynski - is a two year old boy, Fayge, Ewa, and Katarzyna's baby brother. He has dark auburn hair and dark brown eyes.  He is shy and usually toddles along Fayge's side, much to her annoyance.

Stanislaw Litynski - Olga's husband who has dark brownish red hair and dark brown eyes. He cares about his family deeply.

A/n 

bye.