Chapter 8

Natsu P.O.V

I couldn't believe that Lucy had seen Lisanna and I kissing! I didn't even want her to kiss me but she had a strong grip and it took awhile to get her off of me. As I stared at Lucy dumbfounded I heard her whisper "sorry" and run back, away from the guild. I went to go after her but felt a hand grip mine pulling me back. I looked back at Lisanna not fully there. It felt as if everything was going in slow motion. The girl I truly loved just watched as my childhood friend kissed me. "Lisanna let go!", I growled. She looked up at me, shocked that I was so hostile towards her. My face softened and I felt guilty for being so rough with her, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude. I loved you at one time but when you left I moved on. I am in love with someone else and I hope we can be friends but I am sorry, I don't love you like I did when we were kids.", her face dropped and she looked like she was about to cry, "well could you at least join me and celebrate my return.", I knew I should go talk to Lucy but Lisanna was back and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I decided first thing in the morning I would go to Lucy's and apologize.

I nodded at Lisanna and she led me back in to the guild. When we stepped back in to the guild everyone cheered. Still excited that Lisanna was back. I went to pick a fight with Gray to get my mind off Lucy and for a while it worked.

That is until it was the middle of the night and the only people left were me, Lisanna, Erza, Gray, Mira, and Elfman. As I took a sip of my drink my thoughts went back to Lucy. I felt bad. She was probably home crying because of me. I felt a twinge of pain and decided to go check up on her. As I stood up Gray looked at me questioningly and said, "what are you doing?", I looked over him with a serious face and said, "I need to go check on Lucy and apologize," as soon as the words escaped my mouth I regret it immediately. Erza looked up at me and said, "Natsu.....what did you do?", fear shot through my body. I couldn't tell them the whole story so I did the easiest thing I could and ran. Before she could react I used my fire as a boost to move faster.

I didn't stop until I got to Lucy's. Once I got up to her room I noticed it was dark inside. I slid open the window and stepped on to her bed. I didn't see her in her bed. I looked around and noticed her scent was faded. I searched her entire house and didn't find her; panic rose through my body and I sniffed the air to catch her scent. Before I could leave I heard someone come bursting through the front door of her apartment. I ran over to see if it was her but was met with shock and fear as I saw Erza and Gray standing in her doorway.

Erza stepped towards me and yelled, "where is Lucy?!", I jumped at the loudness of her voice and said, "I don't know I am trying to track her scent follow me!", they both nodded and we ran out of her apartment. I followed her scent to a magic store but after that it randomly stopped. Erza looked at me as if waiting for me to lead them on. I looked at her and said, "the scent stops here...", we looked at each other in shock. Erza thought for a minute then finally said, "Lets go in to the store and see if they know anything about where Lucy went." we all nodded and proceeded inside.

Once we stepped inside a short man stepped in front of us and said, "Welcome! What can I help you with today?"

"We are looking for a friend who came by here. Have you seen a girl with brown eyes and long blonde hair? her name is Lucy", the man thought for a minute then as if a light bulb lit up above his head he jumped up and said, "oh! That nice young blonder girl! She had a pink tattoo on one of her hands!"

"thats her!", we all yelled excitedly.

"She came in here asking for some kind of potion to cover up her scent. At first I didn't know what she meant but when she told me about a dragon slayer that may look for her I understood!", we all looked at him with shock. I couldn't believe that Lucy had went through the trouble of making sure I couldn't find her! I felt hurt and guilty at the same time. I had hurt her so bad that she had made the effort to make sure I couldn't find her. "Lets go sleep for the night then tomorrow we will tell the guild. We don't know how long Lucy plans on staying away and hopefully it's not forever", I couldn't help but feel guilty. This was all my fault. Because of me Lucy was gone.

We went back to our own house and once I got home I crashed on my bed. My mind was flooded with thoughts of Lucy. Please Lucy. Come back. I love you....

____________________________________________________________________

So I am just going to update as much as I can because I don't know how much I will be able to update during the week.