A/N

Thanks guys. This was a fun short story to write.

Please no hate about 'why didn't they kiss/get married/have sex/have a family'. That's not what Caryl is. Caryl is so special and different from the other relationships on TWD. It's like that because it is all about those awkward eye contact moments and flirts, not like where the others are about when they 'hook up, hook up' or makeout.

Another thing is why was this so far back in the show? Because, I hate Tobin. I hate what the creators did, making Carol be with Tobin right as she breaks down. Not really because I really want Caryl to be canon (a thing, for realz) even though I do. But because Daryl and Carol are breaking down seperately, and Tobin is just a distraction and it feels like she is ignoring Daryl. Ever since Alexandria,  they barely communicate because they aren't forced to. It makes it feel like they got so close, they know they understand each other, but it's like they don't know how to talk anymore.

It's like Carol wants to be part of this community, but then she doesn't. And Daryl didn't want to be part of it, but he tried for her, only to be crushed again.

She saw, before she left, (Im at Ep 14 in Season 6) that Daryl was in pain. She silently kind of claimed him, and he understood she'd be there for him, but when he needed her she wasn't. Daryl hurts too. Carol hurts, and she needs space. I'm not trying to put everything on Carol, because Daryl needs to stop ignoring her and tell her that she can love people.

They need each other.
But lack of communication destroyed their bond.
Now they are scared.
But they don't turn to each other like they used to.
Alexandria ruined that.
That's why this story takes place before Alexandria.

This is a final goodbye. Thanks for reading.

Update: I'm thinking about making an epilogue, or a second book /sequel to this. I'm posting all these chapters at once on Wattpad, so tell me what you think.

Any opinions on this story, whether I should make an epilogue, or about Caryl? If I do make an epilogue, should the ring be a proposal or just a gift?

Check out my caryl oneshots.