42. A Thanksgiving (Part 6)

Start from the beginning

Anna screamed as she saw Arturo appear in front of her looking furious. He stepped close to Anna so they were inches apart as he spoke" Kick me again if you dare." His tone was playful but there was darkness in his eyes.

Anna sighed " What do you want from me?"

Arturo spoke as his lips were inches apart from hers " Firstly, I would like an apology. You hit me. No one has struck me and has lived. Believe me darling. You are lucky I am letting you off with just a kiss."

Anna frowned " What kiss?"

Arturo shrugged " An apology kiss so I forgive you."

She spoke " You deserved that kick for being so stubborn. I would not marry you. You are not my type."

Arturo spoke " What? Are you serious?"

Anna said " Of course I am serious. I want a man who doesn't have an ego as high as yours."

Arturo spoke firmly now and his tone turned more serious " You say I have a high ego. So what? I love you. Nobody is perfect darling."

Anna's heart was beating so fast as the little distance between their bodies was making her nervous and also the playfulness in Arturo's voice was disappearing. He was towering over her standing within inches of her. There was no escape for her and no one around  to help her. She could kick him and run but she wasn't going to get away this time. Arturo was surprised when she had attacked him. Maybe he had let her run so he could chase her to an isolated place. One thing she knew was, Arturo was most dangerous when he was angry. He was not to be messed with then.

Anna spoke " Leave me alone Arturo. You can have any woman you want and by the way that kick didn't do any harm to you."

Arturo leaned even closer his lips close to touching hers " Any woman is not you darling. You are right. You didn't do any harm. But still, I want an apology. A proper one or I make you pay more dearly for that kick."

The intimate position they were in was making Anna blush. She felt helpless. Arturo had said the last sentence in a husky tone. He could do anything to her in that moment. But he was choosing to play it that way. She had struck him. He had the right to punish her since their families were equals. She looked around for guards " Where are the Rosario guards?"

Arturo spoke " I think Francesco knows that no one in their right mind would hurt you on his compound grounds. But it doesn't include well earned punishments for assaulting an Agostini...."

Anna spoke " Step aside and let me go."

Arturo spoke " No. You assaulted me. I have the right to punish you for that. When a Rosario strikes an Agostini, it's war. We are not allies. You kiss me and all will be forgotten."

Anna trembled " I would rather be punished by Francesco than kiss you." She was bluffing of course. Francesco was going to go crazy on her if Arturo complained about her or if news went to him by the guards that she kicked Arturo. He was Francesco's equal from another family. There was a hierarchy and strict rules about treating people at each level in that hierarchy. Arturo had to express that he forgave her or she was in trouble.

Arturo spoke in an irritated tone " Hold it there. You don't mean that. Why are you so stubborn? Let it go, whatever grudge you have against me. You don't like me because I beat up some guys you were dating in college......"

Anna spoke " You mean every single guy who bought me a drink or dared look at me or even gave me their notes? You were worse than Francesco in being over protective. I swear. Even most girls didn't like being friends with me out of fear that your people or you would see them as a threat. I rejected you. You should have gotten over me and moved on the first time I said no to you. Instead, you tried to control my life when I wasn't even yours to protect."