xxiv.

At the salon, I played with my fingers anxiously as I waited for the stylist to finish mixing the bleach. She had already trimmed my hair and taken a few inches off, leaving it to touch my collar bones. It wasn't that I was nervous. I was just anxious to get it started since I knew it would be a long process. Should've gotten here sooner. We're gonna be here for like seven million years and it'll be hella late. Oh well. "Tae, you don't need to stay if you don't want to. This is gonna take a while," I mentioned.

He sat in a chair next to mine, having twisted it to face me. His left elbow rested on one of the arm rests and his head rested lazily in the same hand. "It's alright. I wanna stay to talk to you. Get to know you better," he reasoned, smiling. I nodded happily.

"I'm gonna go ahead and get started. It might sting a little, but Yoon Gi does this all the time and he'll still alive and still has hair," the hairdresser, Mina, warned, pulling gloves onto her hands. She snickered a little, probably remembering something that happened with Yoon Gi. I nearly cringed at the mention of the now forbidden name, but I did frown and shoot Tae Hyung an annoyed look.

"It'll be fine, this is the first time I've done this, so I've got natural hair." The process began, Tae asking questions about me to pass the time. We talked easily, occasional banter passing between us. He was so different from Yoon Gi. Gentle, youthful, bright. Yoon Gi was a bit rougher around the edges, sometimes acted like a grandpa, sluggish and lazy and soft. After two bleachings and several hours, Mina toned my hair to a white before she mixed the silver dye.

"Your skin tone would look nice with lavender tinted silver. Would that be okay, or are we gonna stick with straight silver?" Mina asked as she mixed the color.

"Since it's the first time I'm dyeing my hair, is it alright if I stick to just silver? Not that I don't trust you--because I do--it's just that there's a meaning behind the color of pure silver to me. Hope you don't mind," I responded, watching her continue to pastel-ize the color to the light shade of silver I wanted.

"Of course! It'll still look hella. You can honestly pull off anything. Alright, the dye is ready. It's too bad the shade you wanted was just a little too dark for us to just tone it, but this works totally fine. Ready?"

I scoffed and nodded. "I was born ready to look like a boss ass bitch. Who do you even think you're talking to? You've known me for, like, a couple hours and you know how I am," I said, winking at Mina through the window. When meeting a new person, I always made it known that I wasn't the nicest person and I was sassy as fuck.

"True. Let's get started."

•unedited

IM SO SORRY THAT ITS LITERALLY BEEN ALMOST TWO MONTHS SINCE IVE GIVEN A REAL CHAPTER/UPDATE SO I HOPE THIS'LL BE A GOOD THING TO HOLD YALL OFF WHILE I FINISH OFF SCHOOL FOR THE YEAR I GET OUT MAY 24 SO ITS REALLY SOON AND THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT AND PATIENCE