xiii.

as we waited for the three seventeen boys to show up, the rest of the bts boys came back into the room. "so i figure that you know our comeback for hwayangyeonhwa part 2 is soon. so we wanted to perform run - which is a song that will be on the album - for you in full length as a present," jung kook said, smiling at me. i couldn't help but smile back and nod.

and so they performed. the beautiful melody held an underlying tone of melancholy. nam joon's almost-singing fit him surprisingly well. jung kook hit every single high note perfectly. i mean, we all already probably knew that this was a thing because he can fucking hit those high notes better than just about any damn girl ive ever heard. each of the boys' facial expressions were focused in, their eyes closed and brows furrowed as each of them did their part.

when they finished, i was left completely and utterly speechless. their talent was superhuman and their abilities were beyond belief. it was no wonder they were such a huge sensation. "so?" yoon gi asked, looking at me expectantly. i broke out into a huge smile and told them about how amazing it was.

"we're glad you like it, noona!" jung kook chirped cutely. i brought all of them in for a group hug, but yoon gi lingered in the embrace for just a fraction longer than the rest.

-

about fifteen minutes later, there was a knock on the door of the entrance to the dorm. jimin and jung kook sprung up to answer it and soon i was bombarded with hugs and little kisses from mom jeong han - i mean what haha shhhhhh. "yun hee, holy shit we thought you were dead, oh my god, thank the lord you're okay and my baby is alive. momma jeong han is here, don't worry. dont ever scare me like that again," jeong han mumbled, allowing his motherly instincts to come out full force, "have you slept enough? are you tired? have you eaten? oh, my poor baby." jeong han pulled me in for one last gentle hug and pressed a kiss on my forehead.

i sat there uncomfortably while he fussed over me and i saw jun and ji hoon cracking up. ji hoon's expression was like he was screaming, but no words came out and his fingers were curling like they did whenever he saw someone do aegyo. jun was just straight up laughing. i could see yoon gi chuckling as well. "uh, thanks, jeong han-ah? im not super hungry or tired but thanks for the thought," i mumbled, tentatively wrapping my arms back around him and patting his back lightly.

jeong han finally retreated and sighed. "okay, okay, sorry about that. you know how i get."

"yeah, i do. and your boyfriend coupsie gets like that too, except when it comes to me dating and stuff."

•unedited