Chapter 2

Percy POV
Once I reached camp, I walked into the Big House in search of Chiron.

'Percy, I suspect that you're here because you have talked to your mother.' Chiron said as he appeared through the door.

'Yeah, mom said that I'm a wizard. Please tell me that she was just kidding,' I said.

Chiron sighed.

'But alas, it was no joke. Wizards and witches are part of Hecate's "pet world" and are descendants of mortals blessed by Hecate or blessed by the goddess herself.

Your mother was a witch and you indeed are a wizard. The headmaster of Hogwarts school of-'

'Yeah, I've been meaning to ask, who thought of naming the school after a pig's skin disease?' I cut in.

Chiron sighed yet again and continued as if I hadn't said anything.

'The Headmaster of Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, Professor Dumbledore, is an old friend of mine.

He has agreed to let you attend Hogwarts on one condition, to protect a wizard called Harry Potter.

Now the Wizards have no idea about the Godly world and we would like to keep it that way so in order to make sure that the Wizards do not find out that you are a demigod, we will have to disguise you as a normal wizard.

Lady Hecate and I have decided that the best way to do this is to pretend that you are an American wizard from the school Hecate's Academy of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Hogwarts is currently hosting a tournament called the Triwizard Tournament where a student each from 3 different schools: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, participate in a competition that is potentially life threatening, which I am sure you will have no problem with. In order to avoid suspicion, we have decided to have you participate in this contest representing Hecate's Academy.

Hecate has agreed to bless you with knowledge of wizarding spells in exchange for you promising to protect Harry Potter. Do you accept?' Chiron explained.

I stared at him blankly.

I then intelligently said, 'Why do the Wizards have such weird names. Dumbledore, Beauxbaton, Durmstrang, Hogwarts. Are all the names in the magical world this weird?'

Now, I know what you're thinking, he must be the dumbest being on the planet, but I'm not stupid. I was following Chiron just fine. I was just curious.

Chiron sighed for the third time today.

'Perseus! Focus! Swear that you will protect Harry Potter to the best of your ability.' Chiron demanded.

I'd never seen him this frustrated.

'Okay, okay! I swear on the River Styx that I will protect the wizard Harry Potter to the best of my ability in exchange for Hecate giving me magical knowledge.' I said.

A rumble of thunder could be heard in the distance, signalling that the oath had been sealed.

Suddenly, there was a flash behind me and I turned, only to see the goddess herself standing behind me.

'Lady Hecate!' I exclaimed bowing to her, out of respect.

'Hello Perseus. Kneel in front of me. You are 17 years old, if I am not mistaken so you would be in your 7th year at Hogwarts. I don't need to bless you with magic as I see that you are already a wizard curtesy of your mother, but I can bless you with the knowledge of the magical world and ability to do spells fit for an advanced 7th year wizard,' Hecate said.

A flash of bright light followed by a burning sensation passed through my body. I felt hundreds of different pieces of information entering my brain at once.

I shakily stood up once the feeling passed.

'Perseus, I have purchased all of your school equipment and hand picked your wand myself. It is a 12 inch vine wand with a core of Pegasus wing feather. Try it out with one of the spells you just learnt,' the goddess said.

I looked up to see that Lady Hecate had gone and I was left alone with Chiron once again.

'Now Percy, your admissions letter to Hogwarts arrived and I will see to it that you are admitted. Everything you need is packed and waiting in your cabin. I have made sure to put in a large bag full of drachmas for iris messaging.

I suggest you say all your goodbyes to your friends as you will be leaving for Scotland soon.

In an hour, go to the stables and meet Blackjack. He has been instructed to take you to Hogwarts and arrive at the exact time the other schools will be arriving. There you will meet Professor Dumbledore and he'll tell you all the rest.

Oh and Percy, when you make your entrance, make sure to show off your powers a little. We want to make sure that Hecate's academy has a good reputation, should there be anymore demiwizards in the future. We can pass off your powers as wandless magic,' Chiron said.

'Got it. Go to cabin. Practise my wand. Say my goodbyes. Go meet Blackjack in an hour. Talk to Dumblydoree. Show off in my entrance and pretend to be mortal,' I said.

'Not mortal Percy. A wizard. Wizards are affected by celestial bronze and they can see through the mist so you must be extra cautious,' Chiron corrected.

Oh!

So that's why mom can see through the mist.

'Chiron, when can I come back?'

'Well you must return back to Hogwarts and come back for good next June'.

'WHAT?! I'll be gone for almost an entire year?! Chiron! You can't do this to me!' I complained.

'Percy, you already made an oath to protect Harry Potter. The fate of England depends on you,' he explained.

I stared at him, unimpressed.

The fate of England? Wowie! I'd had more pressing matters to take care of at age 12.

Nonetheless, I did what he said and left for my cabin.

~

This part has 1009 words.

Should I make the chapters longer? Shorter? Keep it this length?

Hope you liked this chapter. Comment on what I could improve.