Chapter Seven

A Month Later

"I like it here Edie." Evan said softly as he played with a lone leaf in his hand.
We were laying down on a hammock in the backyard of the pack house. Evan had his head on my stomach, while I was watching the children run about in their wolf forms. A smile came on my face as I watched the small wolves play amongst themselves so carefree. I used to dream of having pups of my own one day but during my time as a rogue, that dream faded away little by little. Sometimes, I would think I'd be a rogue forever and never find my mate or he'd reject me because I was a rogue and that would mean I'd never have children. I mean, yeah I could maybe be with someone else and fulfill that but I believe mates should have pups together.

"I'm glad you like it here Ev," I replied with my eyes still on the playing pups,"Do you like Roman too?" I asked cautiously. Roman has made sure to spend time with Evan every time he has free from his duties. Evan was pretty cold at first with him due to the fact that he's just as protective of me as I am of him but after a while, they both grew kinda close. Honestly, I'm really happy Evan has another person he can call his friend after all these years of it just being the both of us by ourselves.

"Like him? I love him!" Evan exclaimed as tossed his leaf in the air then caught it before the breeze blew it away,"He's super cool Edie and really fun to play with...even though he can't see."

I felt a brief stab at my heart at the mention of Roman's disability. We don't often talk about it because I know it bothers him, even if he says it doesn't. Sometimes, I wish there was a way I could give him back his sight. I wish he could see me and Evan and everything he's missing out on.

If only...

•••••••

"Tell me...what does the sky look like today?" Roman asked me as we walked together, hand in hand through the forest.

"Well, it's not cloudy like it was yesterday. There's not really any clouds either. Just a few big ones spread all over. They're kind of shaped like a circle with a dent in it. Oh and there's some little birds flying around and...-"
This was a usual routine for Roman and I. We'd walk around for a few hours or so and I'd describe things to him. No matter how busy he was, he'd always love it when we did this so no matter what, he'd make time for it.

"Sounds like a clear day. Thank you baby." He said and gave me a quick kiss on the top of my hand.

"I wish you could see it..." I muttered without thinking. I mentally slapped myself for letting it slip out. For a moment, I felt Roman's grip tighten on my hand and I winced slightly at how tight he was gripping. He took a deep breath and loosened his hold a little.

"I wish I could too. But it's okay Eden."

"This is okay? Roman, nothing about this is okay!" I said and let go of his hand then stopped walking. Roman stopped just a few inches ahead of me and turned around to look me straight in the face...like he could see me, "You. Can't. See! That is not okay! I want you to see things. I want you to see people! I want you too look at me and actually see me. I want you to see Evan and Cole and everyone else. I-I just..." I felt lone tears fall down my face. Honestly, I didn't mean to lose my shit or make it seem like it was his fault. I was just.... I don't know.

Roman stood there silently and didn't say anything but just held out his hand on my direction. I took hold of his hand and he pulled me into a hug.
"Eden.. It's okay. I've accepted it." He said in a whisper.

Yeah... He might have accepted it..but I won't. I'm not saying that I have a problem with it. I have absolutely none but I refuse to believe that there is literally nothing that can be done to help Roman.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

And I will find a way.

••••••

So I think I have finally found a plot and I'm going to play it through and see how it goes.

Quick Note: There's going to be other mythical creatures in this book (Like Vampires for example etc)

Other Note: My little sister is going to be 3 months tomorrow! I'm so excited. I bought her a new outfit today and I'm going to dress her up and bring her out and be like BAM BAM! Lol. Okay imma go now. Bye guys