Chapter Two

"Don't try anything stupid." A guard said harshly to me and I rolled my eyes.

"Darius, quit scaring the girl." A voice came from behind us and I turned to see a giant ass man walking up to us.

The guard who was holding onto my arm-who apparently was named Darius- scoffed and tightened his grip on my arm.

"Ouch asshole. Ease up!" I yelled.

"Darius, I'll take her to the Alpha. Let her go." The man said and caught me as Darius pushed me to the ground then swiftly turned and left.

"Asshole...." I muttered.

"Sorry about that. Trust me, not all of my guards are that much of a dick. My name is Cole by the way. Follow me, this way."
Cole gestured to the way he had previously came from before I followed silently behind him. I contemplated on making a run for it but I probably wouldn't make it far. The amount of security around here is ridiculous, I'd be caught before I could even make it to the front of the door.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I asked Cole as I trailed behind slowly, ignoring the glares I was getting from the members as they past by us. They look at me like I'm carrying Ebola or some shit.

"Well, You may be a rogue but I'm just naturally not mean unless I have to be. The Alpha however is opposite so be careful what you say, speak when spoken too and don't comment on his disability."

Disability? Alpha's have disabilities? That's a first.

"What disa-"

"Be quiet. We're close and he'd hear you." Cole advised and I hushed immediately.

We came up to a huge dark brown door with some type of weird carvings in it. I wanted to stare at it and try to decipher what they meant or were but I decided to against it and paused as I almost crashed into Cole's back.

Cole knocked on the door 3 times and a brief 'Come In' was heard on the other side. Taking a deep breath, I nodded at Cole to open the door and he did and I was nearly sent tumbling to the ground as a strong scent of rain and fir trees hit me full impact.

A loudly animalistic growl had echoed across the room and I found myself frozen in place as I inhaled the delicious scent, my mouth watering bit by bit.

"Alpha?" I heard Cole's voice say but he sounded far away, like he wasn't in the room with me at all.

My eyes trailed over the large being that stood behind a desk, his face not showing to the fact he was in the shadows.

"Mate." I whispered softly and a low growl came from the dark being before me. I snapped myself out of my trance and moved forward to the being. I wanted-no, needed to see his face.

As I inched closer to the being, the scent got stronger. This man was indeed my mate. The closer I got, the more I felt like I was losing control to my wolf side so I stopped just infront of the desk and admired his gorgeous face. His light brown messy hair which somewhat covered his hazel eyes a little, and the fullness of his light pink lips which looked absolutely kissable.

I stared at him in amazement but I was also kind of confused as too why he wasn't looking directly at me. His eyes seemed like they were going everywhere around the room but at me. Did he not want me? Was it because he was an Alpha or because I was a Rogue?

"Why won't you look at me?" I asked and his lips pressed into a thin line.

"Cole?" My mate called out and Cole suddenly appeared by my side, waiting for his Alpha's commands.

"Is this really who I think it is?" My mate asked again to his Beta, who was glancing down at me with a small smile.

"From the looks of it, Yes Alpha. She's your mate and also the rogue we were bringing to you."

My Alpha mate nodded and a very small smile appeared on his lips but it disappeared as soon as it came, "Prepare a room for her to stay in and have someone get her clothes."

"Yes Sir." Cole replied then nodded to me before swiftly leaving the room, leaving me and my mate alone.

"What is your name?" He asked after a few moments of silence, but he still wasn't looking at me. What the hell?

"Eden. Yours?" I said softly. In a way, I felt somewhat intimated by my mate but I knew he wouldn't hurt me. I am his other half afterall.

"My name is Roman." He replied, slightly annoying me more that he STILL hasn't even looked at me properly.

"You never answered my question. Why won't you look at me?" 

Roman's grey eyes were now darker and his fists clenched tightly until they looked white. Slowly, I back away in fear incase he bursts or something.

He mumbled something but I didn't hear it. "What?"

Roman's eyes were now back to normal and they looked their regular grey but a little sad. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair and faced the floor.

"I'm blind."