Chapter Four

"Why is he in wolf form? Does he sense danger or something?" I asked Cole as we walked along in the forest looking for a certain rogue scent; my brother's scent.

Roman had said Cole would go with me, but last minute he decided to come along too. He said he needed to shift but Cole thinks he just doesn't want another male alone with his mate.
I know Alpha males are protective but is he really THAT bad that he wouldn't even trust his Beta? Cole doesn't seem bad, he did basically save me from that asshole guard Darius so that totally counts in my book.

"Remember he's blind, so being in wolf form helps him navigate the area better than he would as a human. Like to know if he's going to a hit a tree or trip over a log."

"So his wolf is blind too?" I asked and Cole nodded.

Wow. A blind wolf. The thought of Roman not being able to see makes me sad. If we ever had pups, he'd never be able to see what he/she looked like. Damn, he will never even know what I look like. I don't think I'd be able to live with not being able to see. There's so many beautiful places he'll never be able to explore, see the sights, the colors.

"Why are you crying?" Cole asked and I paused in my steps. Wiping my eye, I saw a stray tear on my palm. Great now I'm crying without even knowing.

Roman also stopped and his ears moved around a little, like he was listening to our footsteps and stopped when we did.

I nodded my head towards Roman, hoping Cole would understand what I'm trying to tell him.

"Oh." He mouthed to me and sent me a small smile, "Do you take you brother's scent? It's getting pretty late and we need to head back soon."

Sadly I shook my head no and decided to shift into my wolf. My wolf was a light brown and black and my fur shines in the sunlight. In my wolf form, my senses were enhanced even more, meaning I could probably sniff out Evan better this way.

"Oh thanks for leaving the only human here." Cole said with a hurt facial expression. I rolled my eyes and trotted forward, my head high and sniffing the air around us.
I took a whiff of Evan but it was stale, meaning he was around here. Now, all I had to do was pinpoint what direction he headed. Being a tracker would have really came in handy right now.

The cracking of bones startled me and as I turned around, I saw my mate stark naked. A wolf can't blush but I swear I was right now. Quickly I turned my head back and tried to erase that image from my mind but I think it was forever imprinted there.

Dammit.

"We need to head back." Roman said and I growled in protest. We can't go back, I need to find Evan now before something happens to him. He's probably scared without me or hurt or....no, I won't think that way.

"Eden, We need to go back. It's dangerous out here at night. We'll come back early tomorrow." Roman demanded using his Alpha tone on me but I ignored it. Technically, I'm here equal, his Alpha Female so his orders have no effect on me.

I turned to Cole, wanting his help on this but he shook his head. "We need to go back Eden. I'm sorry."

I hung my head in defeat and nodded. Cope gestured for me to stay in wolf form just in case while he helped Roman back.

I slowly behind the two, pissed off and irritated that I didn't find my brother. The thought of going on my own occurred, but Roman did say it gets dangerous at night so I won't take the chance of getting own self hurt or captured before I even get the chance to find Evan.

"EDEN!"

I paused and perked my ears. Cole stopped and looked back at me with his brows furrowed.

"EDEN!"

There it is again.

A faint trampling of footsteps were heard behind me and I turned around.

"Rogues." Roman growled but Cole slowly shook his head.

"No. I think it's Eden's brother." He said.

I focused my eyes on the small being running straight towards us and I couldn't believe my eyes.

"EDENNNN!" Evan yelled and I yelped in joy. I began to run towards him, happy that Evan was okay and that we were together again but that happiness soon faded as I saw three big ass wolves gaining on him closely.

"No Roman! Stay here. I'll help her." I heard Cole say to Roman soon followed by the cracking of bones.

"Run Eden run!" Evan yelled again and flailed his arms wildly.
I forced my paws to carry me faster and from the looks of it, the rogues who were chasing Evan were doing the same.

Cole was now running beside and going a bit faster as he edged ahead.

Goddess please let Evan be safe.

We were close and I wanted to cry, just like Evan currently is doing. I could hear his crying and it broke my heart.

Cole growled defensively to try to frighten the rogues to back down, but they showed no sign of fear.

A ferocious growl was heard behind me and I turned my head to see Roman galloping behind us, dodging trees expertly and jumping over fallen logs. With the way he was moving, you would never assume he was a blind wolf.

As I turned my head, Evan was just in front of me and I howled in joy, but in that moment, a large grey wolf-one of the three which were chasing him- lunged.

~•~

Guys, I'm sorry I'm so late with my updates but school has kept me so busy.

But I really wanted to at least you guys something to sink your teeth into so here it is.

I'll try to update again this weekend.