Chapter Five

Long overdue update!

"Why aren't they telling us anything?!" I yelled as I paced the waiting room of the hospital impatiently waiting on the doctors to tell me if Evan was okay.

"Relax Eden. We have top doctors here, they are helping him." Roman assured me as he reached out to me but inched away.

"Please don't do that." He said with furrowed brows and I could only stare in amazement at him. How does he even realize these things?

"Come here Eden." Roman said and held out his hand to me. Slowly, I grabbed onto his hand and Roman pulled me into his lap. His arms wrapped around me and as I cuddled into the warmth of my mate's chest and somehow found myself bawling my eyes out.

"I-I can't lose h-him! He's all I h-have left!"

"Shh baby shh. Its going to be alright." He said to me while he stroked my hair.

"Family of Evan?" A nurse called out as she entered the waiting room.

I looked up from Roman's arms and stared at her. You don't know how badly I wanted to rush up to her but I couldn't find myself parting from Roman's embrace. Plus he was holding me pretty tight so I would of failed either way.

"I'm his sister. Is he okay?"

The nurse looked at me with a small smile and nodded, sending my frenzied nerves into a state of relaxation.
"He is just fine. He's a smart boy, he dropped himself to the ground before they rogues could hit him. He only hit his head a little hard when he fell but otherwise he's good. Would you like to see him?"

Roman's hold on me loosen and I got off of his lap.
"Go." He said and I held his hand.

"Come with me." I said with a smile even though he couldn't see it.

"Alright. But you better not let me hit anything. I don't know my way around this wing of the pack house so good."

"I won't."

Roman got up and I nodded to the nurse to show us to his room.
I trailed behind her while I was leading Roman. His other hand that I wasn't holding reached out and touched the walls as we passed. I observed how he felt them as we walked, almost like he was memorizing it.

"This is his room." The nurse said as we stood in front of a cream colored door with the number '5' on it.

"Thank you." I replied then lightly tapped Roman's hand. "Wait a sec okay?"

He nodded to me and released my hand. God I already miss that warmth but now I need to focus on Evan. Lightly I pushed open the door and peeked in the room.

There was Evan, laying on the bed switching channels on the TV. He looked just fine besides the bandage around his head.

"Evan." I breathed out and he faced me immediately.

"Eden!" He yelled out and I rushed to his side, engulfing him in a tight hug.
"I thought I'd never see you again."

Evan cried into my shirt and I could feel my own tears coming on.
"You? I thought I'd lost you...I would never forgive myself if something had happened to you Evan."

"I'm okay." He said, lifting his head up from my shirt and smiling but that smile soon faded and he sniffed the air.

"Who is he?"

I giggled and glanced at Roman who was leaning against the wall, staring directly at Evan and I, like he could see us.

I wish he could...

"Remember I used to tell you about mates? And that one day you'd have one of your own?" I asked Evan and he nodded.

Smiling at him, I turned to look at Roman once more.

"I found mine."

~•~

Lmao, I literally had no idea what to write about honestly. But aye Roman tho whoop!

Hopefully I'll figure out something to update next but at least you guys know Evan is okay :D

Comment any ideas you may have please :/ I'd appreciate the help.

Please and thank you