.5-chance

the irony of this and the chapter title. couldn't resist haha
-

"–and then the monsters head exploded and I got excited I jumped around on my bed but then mum yelled at me for being too loud." Michael said trying he's best to explain a video game to me that I understood nothing about.

"As she should have, I'm sure England could hear you!" I teased him as he began to groaned and cross his arms across his chest.

"Shut up Katie." He huffed.

"Make me!" I sassed putting my hands on my hips.

Michael grinned and threw me over his shoulders as we were walking home. I squealed pounding on his back begging for him to put me down. "Eh I don't really feel like it." He told me.

"Michael!" I whined loudly, he groaned setting me down.

"Okay fine, big baby." He teased sticking out his tongue at me. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

I had gotten home after saying goodbye to Michael as he continued on to his house. I threw my bag down on the floor and headed upstairs to lay down, maybe take a nap even. I laid down on my soft, comfy bed as I grabbed the remote to my tv and turned on Netflix.

-

I woke up from my nap and went downstairs to see that my dad wasn't home yet. That wasn't like him to not be home an hour or two after I got home from school. I was starving and grabbed some money from my dresser and headed out to find something to eat. I saw a stake and shake and walked in seeing it not real packed.

A lady walked up to me asking if it was just me, I nodded but a voice interrupted her from telling me to follower her so I could be seated.

"Katie?" I looked over to see Calum in a booth by himself slouched against the window as he lounged out on the booth.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, seemed like a dumb question but I was surprised to see him.

"Hunting mountain lions." He said with a laugh as I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm, "I'm eating, want to join me?" He asked, I nodded and went to sit across from him in the booth.

"Have you even ordered yet?" I asked him and he shook his head no.

"Nope, I just came for a shake." He chuckled as he looked at what shakes they had, "Want one?" He asked me and I nodded looking at the menu myself.

I could see Calum kept glancing from his menu to me every chance he got, he'd just grin when he caught me looking at him and then would casually go back to looking at the menu. Maybe Calum wasn't all that bad, maybe it was just his bitter girlfriend who's making him the way he is. He seems so nice but Michael told me to watch out and not fall for him. But we might have a problem there.

Calum looked over at me again and smiled, "Why do you keep looking at me?" I giggled with a slight blush.

"Because, you are beautiful." He said smiling. I couldn't stop blushing with the words he said. Calum was almost too sweet to be how everyone describes him as. Maybe he acts that way for his reputation.

"You don't have to lie." I said with a laugh but he didn't laugh back.

"Why would I lie to you about that?" He asked me, I didn't know he'd take this so seriously.

"I don't know.." I mumbled now embarrassed by all this.

"I wouldn't lie about something that is true." He said putting down his menu and grabbing my hand, "Remember that." He said giving me a smile.

I nodded as a lady came and took out order, twenty minutes after that we began to eat our food we ordered and talked about school and what goes on there. It was fun sitting here and having dinner with him. All he did was make me blush and said such sweet things to me.

"Thanks for dinner Calum, I really enjoyed it." I said smiling as I got up, he frowned.

"Where are you going?" He asked with a pout.

"Home." I giggled still standing up getting ready to leave. He grabbed my hand quickly and threw money on the table to make sure I didn't leave.

"Let me drive you." He offered quickly.

"It's okay Calum, I'm not far from here." I told him.

"But it's dark out, you can't walk alone in the dark!" He said, he really wasn't going to let go about taking me home so I finally gave in.

"Fine, you can take me home." I laughed as he smiled widely at me.

We walked out and went to his car. A nice silver BMW, two doors with only two seats. Leather seats, and smelled like that new car smell. I got into the car and put my seatbelt on, Calum climbed in and started the engine as he turned on the radio. He backed out of the parking lot and began down the road turning up the music louder as he began to sing the song on the radio.

"My hearts a stereo, it beats for you so listen close, hear my heart in every note, oh oh." He belted out loudly over the radio. I began to laugh and he did too with a big grin on his face.

"You're not bad Calum." I laughed lightly. He turned the radio down and looked over at me.

"Huh?" He asked.

"I mean you're not as bad as everyone describes you as." I explained, all he did was smirk at me and chuckle.

"Is that so?" He asked leaning back as he kept one hand on the wheel while looking over at me.

"Hey eyes on the road, you'll crash." I reminded him and he scoffed.

"With all the cars?" He laughed pointing out that there weren't any cars on this road to crash into.

"Shut up." I groaned crossing my arms. He just laughed and before I knew it we were at my house.

I got out of the car as did Calum as he walked me to my door. "I had fun." He said with a grin, and of course I blushed.

"Me too." I said shyly, and before I could react his lips were pressed to mine for a short amount of time before he pulled away.

He just stood there and coughed, "So I'll see you tomorrow." He said running his fingers through his hair before going back to his car to head home. I just stood there and ran my fingers over my lips as a smile appeared on my face.

-

im sorry for not being here for a long time, i have solved all the problems possible so far so i am back :)

hope you still like this story.