Chapter 15 - My Domain

Linked the song ‘Control’ by Halsey because…..well, she's awesome.🙊😂🎀

----------------------------------------

Darkness.

Nice, comforting……..darkness.

It was peaceful, an all too familiar feeling to me as I lay in a blissful rest. I could stay in it forever……..

Ouch.

Well, that was short lived.

I felt pain course through my head and my senses slowly return to me, all the feeling coming back to me as I began to gain consciousness again. My eyes shot open as all the feelings shot back through me, but I quickly regretted it when the sun shone down on me from directly above.

I groaned and turned over, suddenly realizing I was on a rough surface. I slowly sat up, pushing myself up on my shaky arms as I squinted my eyes and blinked as everything began to come into focus. I was on a rocky surface, but why?

I lifted my head up more as I stood on shaky legs and slowly stood up straight and looked around.

I was on an island.

It was small and rocky, with no land in sight. I could take five steps and be on the other side of the island, it was that small, with only a single palm tree blowing in the wind as the only sign of life. I felt the breeze blow by, and I wrapped my arms around myself as I felt goosebumps rise on my bare legs. Realization suddenly hit me and I looked down at my legs to realize that my pants were gone.

My crop top and cardigan were still on, but the cardigan had lots of rips and tears in it. I knew that I mist of swam here from my lack of pants, buy I can't recall.

The full moon.

I felt my anxiety rise as I recalled the full moon last night, but I can't remember what happened. Where was I? Was there any land? What happened to Xavier….?

I quickly jumped into the water, my thoughts set on swimming back and finding out what happened last night before its too late.

Ugh! These fish were completely useless!

I was asking all the fish within a mile radius, but none of them could recall seeing me last night. Talk about goldfish memory.

I gave up after a while and sighed in frustration. I then began to ask for the nearest sign of land, and a kind clownfish pointed me in a direction. I thanked him before swimming in that direction at full speed.

I began recalling memories of swimming in open waters with my brothers, sadly smiling to myself. We usually didn't, due to the danger of sharks and because I'm the youngest, but sometimes my brothers would sneak me out and we'd swim and chase each other in the open waters during the early morning.

After an hour or so of swimming, I came to a stop, exhausted. I swam into the deeper depths and noticed a cave and decided to rest inside since I didn't want to be exposed while I was resting.

The entrance was small, but thankfully for my petite frame and small tail I was able to fit through after a bit of wiggling. The cave was dark, but ahead I saw a bit of light coming from deeper inside the cave. I swam towards the light, passing some mean-looking fish along the way but said nothing as they glared at me for disrupting their naps.

I came to a spot at the end of the cave with blue coral and glowing stalactites hanging from the ceiling providing the light. I swam over to a large, smooth rock towards the center and laid down, heaving sigh as I stood up at the stalactites in deep thought.