Chapter 7

Author's Note-

Sorry for taking so long to update, not been feeling up to it but here you are! It's not a great chapter and I tried to make it longer so yeah...

Songs there cause I like it!

Comment. Vote. Follow :)!

----------------

Jace’s P.O.V-

When I woke this morning, I felt amazing. My parents accepted me and that felt great. Since Aiden stayed with me last night, he had to go home to get changed and grab his bag so he told me to meet him at school.  I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed and got dressed into my usual clothes. I slowly walked downstairs and entered the kitchen, grabbing a piece of toast and starting to eat. When I was done, I said goodbye to my parents and left the house. The sun was out but it wasn’t too warm. It was a lovely day and I must have been in a daze for a while because when I looked up, I was a few steps away from the gates of my school.  I walked into the school and went straight to my locker where Aiden was supposed to be meeting me. I sorted my locker and put the books I needed into my bag. Once I closed my locker, I turned to wait for Aiden but unfortunately for me, Josh and Adam were walking straight towards me. I hoped Aiden would hurry up and get here. They stopped right in front of me with smirks on their faces.

‘Where’s your bodyguard today?’ Josh asked with a sly smile.

‘He’s on his way, he’ll be here any minute’ I replied, sounding a lot more confident that I was.

‘I think you’re lying’ Adam piped.

I wasn’t lying. Aiden was on his way but they weren’t going to believe me. I didn’t have time to get another sentence in as Josh threw a punch my way, landing it on my stomach. It hurt like hell, I was hunched over from the pain and as soon as I managed to straighten up, I felt another punch to my cheek. I lifted my hand up to touch it where it was burning. The halls weren’t that busy and no one was even bothering trying to stop this. I would just have to bear it until Aiden got here, hopefully he wouldn’t be long. I don’t know how much more of this beating I can take. I was kicked in the leg causing me to collapse to the floor. I felt multiple kicks and punches to my body. The whole time, my arms were covering my face. 

It felt as if it went on forever. Suddenly, everything stopped. I couldn’t feel anything hitting me so I peeked up to see what was happening and it was a bit like déjà vu. It was similar to the time that I ended up in hospital. Both Josh and Adam were on the floor, Adam clutching his nose which I’m assuming Aiden broke and Josh still receiving a beating. Aiden looked brutal and like he wasn’t going to stop. I pulled myself up, surprisingly I wasn’t in that much pain other than my stomach. My cheek was a bit numb now so the pain had settled. It all went by so quickly and I barely knew what was going on. I ignored the squirming Adam on the floor and made my way to Josh and Aiden. I reached them and pulled on Aiden’s arm. He didn’t budge. 

‘Aiden, stop!’ He either didn’t hear me or chose to ignore me. He kept attacking Josh. I kept shouting at him to stop but he didn’t listen.

‘Aiden! Please!’ I shouted while pulling his arm again. 

He was extremely scary like this. This was his bad side that people spoke about, if he didn’t stop he was going to kill Josh.  He stopped for a moment and looked into my eyes as I pulled on his arm. His eyes softened as he saw the fear in my eyes. He stepped off a beaten Josh and went to pull me into his arms.

‘Aiden Miller! My office now!’ I turned to see our principle looking at the scene in front of her with a  stern face. She did not look happy.

Aiden stomped to her office while I quickly scurried after him to wait for him. I didn’t want to stick around with Adam and Josh. I walked fast, trying to keep up and when I eventually reached the principle’s office, the door was closed and Aiden was inside. I slid down the wall outside and waited for what was starting to feel like forever. I could hear shouting but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. I hoped Aiden didn’t get into a lot of trouble, after all it was because of me that this happened to him. After some more shouting and debating, Aiden emerged looking annoyed. I didn’t know what to say to him, so I just kept quiet, hoping I would think of something. I didn’t.