Chapter 6

Aiden’s P.O.V-

Yesterday was great.  I showed Jace one of my favourite places and took him for lunch. He seemed to enjoy it. When we were finishing up our lunch, I was talking to him normally, but he wasn’t really involved in the conversation. Just giving small yeahs and ok’s, I don’t know what was wrong with him. Was he having second thoughts about our relationship? I hope not, I just got him and I don’t want to lose him. I’ll ask him today what’s wrong with him. It was Tuesday today and I was on my way to school. Since we’ve been going out, I haven’t been getting into trouble as often. I don’t skip school so much either because I’m desperate to see Jace every day. He has that effect on me.

I arrived outside school and I didn’t realise that the bell had rang. I must have been too hooked up in my thoughts to notice. I entered the building and walked to the office for a late slip. Once I received that and a few glares from the office staff, I made my way to class.  Opening the door to my maths class, I rolled my eyes at the glare from my teacher and the weird stares from the students. I was used to it,  people didn’t tend to like me much. I preferred it that way.

Once the horrible teacher started teaching, I zoned out not paying attention. I lay my head on the desk and I must have fallen asleep because I was rudely awakened.

‘Aiden, the bell has already rang. Get out my class’ My lovely teacher shouted.

I lifted myself from the seat and threw a nasty look towards him before stalking out of class. The rest of the day seemed to drag on so much. I just wanted out of this place. I had seen Jace about twice. Once passing me in the hall, I said hi and he just smiled. It didn’t reach his eyes. The second time was at his locker at lunch, he was putting his books away and I went in to kiss him. He didn’t kiss back, just stood there still and emotionless. It was driving me crazy, so after school we met up outside to walk home cause I was supposed to be going to his house. I didn’t know if he still wanted me to go but I was going anyway.

‘Hey’ I greeted him at the gates. I held back the hug and kiss that I desperately wanted to give him.

He greeted me back with another small smile. I sighed and started walking as he did. The walk to his house wasn’t that long so once we reached his house, we went straight up to his room. I don’t think his parents were home. We reached his room and I lay on his bed with my arms folded under my head. He sat on his desk chair, the silence was killing me. I had to find out what was wrong.

‘Jace?’ I asked. 

‘Yeah?’ He replied, still facing his desk.

‘What’s wrong?’ 

‘Nothing..’ He trailed off. That was clearly a lie.

‘Stop lying. Just tell me. You’ve barely looked in my direction for the past couple days. You won’t kiss me back or hug me and you barely speak to me! You’re supposed to be my boyfriend… If you don’t want to be with me maybe I should just go..’ 

I got up to leave but he quickly spun around in his chair and grabbed my arm. I looked at him and his eyes were full of emotion. 

‘Please don’t go. I’m sorry’ He begged, looking pained.

‘Tell me what’s wrong then’ I told him bluntly. 

‘It’s just…I-I need to come out to my parents but I’m scared…I’m sorry’ He confessed making me release a breath, thankful it wasn’t anything more serious. Why was he so worked up about this? His parents seemed nice and open minded.

‘Is that it? I thought it was something bad!’ I exclaimed pulling him in for a hug, he immediately melted into my arms, burying his face in the crook of my neck. 

‘I want to do it tonight but will you stay with me while I do it?’ He asked, face still buried in my neck.

‘Of course’ I said, pulling him back to kiss him. He responded this time which I was glad for.

We lay together on his bed, our hands intertwined. No one spoke but it was a comfortable silence. We waited for Jace’s parents to get home and once we heard the door open and close downstairs, he got extremely nervous. His hand that was joined to mine got sweaty and he was silent. I squeezed his hand, letting go as I stood from the bed and held out my hand once again. He waited a moment before taking it.  We got to the bottom step and he dropped my hand, walking to the kitchen. I took a seat on the couch waiting for Jace to bring his mother and father in. They entered and their faces turned to a look of confusion seeing me waiting there.

‘I need to tell you guys something..’ 

‘What’s wrong ?’ His dad asked him. He looked at me and then back at his parents.

‘I’m gay’ He said. His parents just looked at him. His mother took his hand and smiled.

‘I had a feeling you were’ She said. I couldn’t help but laugh a little, making his parents laugh in the process. Jace turned to me red faced and narrowed his eyes.

‘Is there a reason Aiden’s here?’ His dad asked him, once recovered from his laughter. Jace looked at me once again.

‘Emm..Aiden is..he’s..’ He stuttered. I grabbed his hand and held it up.

‘I’m his boyfriend’ I said with a smile. His parents looked shocked for a moment before grinning.

‘Okay then…That’s great’ His mom said happily, once over her shock.

After some more talking and his dad telling me if I hurt him in any way I was dead, we went back upstairs, ignoring the comments from his parents to keep the door open.

Jace’s P.O.V-

I was lying on my bed on my stomach. Aiden was next to me lying on his back with his arms under his head. I stared at him, admiring all his features. He was perfect, how did I manage to get him? He was so great. I never thought I would be dating the bad boy. It was great. I leaned over and kissed him deeply, he seemed shocked by my action but eventually kissed me back. I pulled away and looked in his eyes. We just lay there and stared in each others eyes, not speaking. After a while, I lay my head on Aiden’s chest and listened to his heartbeat. Aiden put his arm around me and held me there.

Thump

Thump

Thump

Everything's going great, I just hope Adam and Josh don't ruin it for me. I know Aiden said he wouldn't let them touch me, but what Josh said to me about Aiden not being here all the time kept entering my head. I wish they would just leave me alone. I looked up at Aiden to see his eyes closed with his lips parted slightly, light breaths coming out. He was asleep. He looked adorable when he was sleeping, I watched him for  a while before I fell asleep too. I’m so glad my parents are accepting. It means a lot to me, if they weren’t, I don’t know what I would do. All I need are my parents and Aiden and I’ll be fine.

---------------------------

Author's Note;

This wasn't really that good but I've still got writers block so it's all I could come up with :)

Comment, Vote and Follow :)