Shadow of a Ghost

Depuis le début

For some reason, I thought she could retract it or something. Then again, she's had her tail from the moment I met her.

"Well maybe we can talk a bit on the way up?"

Kayde began stepping up the gray, stone stairs. "No promises that I'll have something to say to you."

"Well I've got something to say to you, first, Kayde. I'm... sorry about lying to you. I just thought-" I paused to collect my words. The last time I wasn't completely honest with her, she tried to rip my head off. "I just wanted to... escape."

"Yeah, well you're not the only one. If I'm stuck in here, then Ronin might be the only one I can-" For some reason, Kayde rapidly shook her head. "Um... let's just go to the top, okay?"

"Are you okay, Kayde?"

"Fine. It's nothing."

She blushes when we talk about her tail, she stutters when she talks about... Ronin. What is going on here?

*~*

Ronin's POV:

Alright... now that all those sneaky Kunoichi are gone, it's time to get some intel of my own...

I ran my gloved fingers along the thin, almost two-dimensional keyboard that seemed to hover beside the computer screen.

It's a shame that I'll have to hack and probably break this, this thing looks like a sweet rig. But anyone who turns Ronin into a butler and kidnaps his friends heh, they're in for it.

I can't believe I just thought of those two as friends. Geez the job must really be getting to me.

I felt my head shaking as I examined the locked screen of their main frame.

This first part is going to be as simple as breaking into a regular computer but I'm sure that the rest of their files will be encrypted or something. I'll have to do this quick, if only I had my usual tools.

*~*

Cole's POV:

Where could Nya even be? We've searched around the entire city at least five times already and-

In a swirl of wispy flames, the ninja of fire, himself, appeared. "Cole, you find anything?"

"Nope."

A whiny voice called from behind me. "Well we've gotta keep looking! Nya has to be here and-"

"Technically speaking, Nya might not even be in New Ninjago City, my brothers." I saw Zane's dragon fizzle out of the sky, leaving a couple snowflakes behind as Zane walked over to the rest of the group.

At least Zane still has some sense. The only thing we have to rely on is Misako's info and that smelly, empty envelope from earlier!

"I say... we get some breakfast before we keep searching."

The whiny blue brat started raving at me again. "Seriously, Cole? This is no time to be eating! We've gotta find Nya!"

"Jay, relax. We'll find her. But... I agree with Cole, we shouldn't be pushing ourselves to find her on an empty stomach. We'll call Lloyd, get some breakfast, and rethink our options." Kai nodded to the rest of the group. "That good for you guys?"