Shadow of a Ghost

Apparently, I wasn't getting the chance to have breakfast outside of the Kunoichi base like I expected, instead, Free and Wake would be going out to get it for us. This was apparently punishment for getting into a fight with Kayde earlier even though it wasn't teeechnically my fault.

The Kunoichi of Wind, the Kunoichi of Nature, and the new Kunoichi of Amber stood, smiling in the base's elevator. The trio said their goodbyes and in an instant, they were gone.

So now I'm here with Kayde, Shade, and Ronin. Hm... I could explore their base further. Or... our base now, I guess. Then again, maybe I should apologize for Kayde. She doesn't seem like the others... Besides, we're going to be working together so there shouldn't be any bad blood between us.

Shade broke our unusual silence, odd considering that she's the quietest of us four. "You three have training. You should get to the simulation deck."

"Simulation deck?"

"It's the area where you lied to me earlier." Kayde growled. It felt as if her glistening dragon eyes were burning right through me.

"Fine but I still don't get why Skylor gets to leave while I'm stuck here with you three."

Ronin: such a charmer.

"You mean Mirror. That's the name she chose, remember?" Shade sighed as she sashayed over to the stairwell. "At any rate, she's preparing our breakfast at her Noodle Shop. Now, if there's no more questions..."

Shade seemed to disappear in the darkness of the stairwell although I'm sure she just went to the Simulation Deck.

Robin appeared between Kayde and I, placing a hand on each of our shoulders. "Well ladies, shall we?"

Kayde's words came out in a chilling hiss. "If you want to keep that hand, I suggest you get it off me, Deadeye."

Shade's voice came from elsewhere in the room, although I could've sworn she went upstairs... "You all are so slow."

The Kunoichi of Shadow's face had appeared distinctly on the nearby computer screen of the conference room. Her face was in its usual disinterested scowl.

How'd she get to a computer that fast?

"Ronin, you won't be needed for this training exercise. Go organize something somewhere."

"I'm not a butler!"

"Get at it, Alfred. Kayde, Phoenix come upstairs. Now." As quickly as it had appeared, the Kunoichi of Shadow's face disappeared from the screen.

Well, now might be a good time to try and befriend Kayde. She makes me... curious.

I tried to put on my cheeriest voice. "Well... let's not leave her waiting, huh?"

"Yeah, sure Nya."

"Alright, see ya Ronin!"

"Have fun, you two." Ronin had moved over to the conference room's computer, for some reason he was playing... Connect Four on his own...

"Hey, wanna race to the Simulation deck?"

"Um... I'd probably lose." Surprisingly, the dragon girl's cheeks flushed a bit brighter as she avoided my gaze. "My uh... tail kinda slows me down."