In Red and Blue Ashes

A familiar voice rang in my ears, her tone a sweet singsong. "Hey Nya!"

"Oh good morning, Wake."

The cheery, red-haired girl looked like she had been up for a little while. Her hair was carefully corralled into a pair of pigtails that hung off the sides of her head. She was wearing a different outfit from the one she had worn yesterday; she actually looked like a normal person in casual attire, rather than a uniformed lady ninja.

She seems perky this morning. Ugh but I wish I could've gotten some more sleep.

I hadn't noticed, at first, because I was deep in my thoughts but Wake was doing a bunch of weird stretches. "Ready for the meeting?" She called to me from the floor, on her back.

"Um... yeah." I nodded to her but my thoughts were mostly on her weird stretches: they looked like a combination between yoga and opening a can of tuna. "Uh... what are you doing?"

"Warming up, duh."

"Warming up... for the meeting?"

Oh god, is a meeting for these girls another sparring match?

"Yeah? It's important to mmmm limber up no matter what you do." Thankfully, Wake stopped stretching and started standing upright like a normal person. "Even a little meeting is enough to pull a muscle. That's why I stretch like this every morning!

These girls get weirder every. Single. Day.

"Alright well I'm gonna head to the meeting now... uh... see ya." I clicked up my heels and started walking away but suddenly I felt something skinny pulling on my arm... rope maybe?

"Hee hee hee. That's my Latching Ivy." Wake snickered. "No need to rush, Nya! We can walk there together!"

"Fine." I pulled my arm away, ripping the weak vines quickly and easily.

"Ooh touchy, touchy. You should've gotten more sleep instead of fighting with Kayde."

Wake is back to her old obnoxious self. Lovely. Just. Lovely!

"How'd you find out about that?"

"We're Kunoichi, Nya. We get intel, it's what we do." Wake's voice wasn't filled with that sly cockiness it usually was, she was honestly... just being honest.

If this meeting is supposed to answer all my questions, then that's one of the first questions I need answered. Where the heck are they getting all this intel?

*~*

"Alright, everyone!" Free chimed to the little group of Kunoichi. She's really happy for someone who's awake at 7 in the morning. "We're only waiting for one more member and she should be here soon!"

I looked around the table. Wake, Shade, Ronin, Free, Kayde, and I were all here. Who was the final person we were missing?

"Can't we just start without her? This meeting's gonna be full of boring stuff anyway!" As usual, Wake was whining with her head on the table. I guess that's something I should start expecting.

Kayde was glaring daggers at me, although thankfully, her physique was back to normal. Shade was calmly sitting in a chair obscured by the shadows that seemed to leak off her clothes. In all actually, I couldn't even see her clothes in all this shadow!