XXXII

I sit quietly on the ship, awaiting out crash-landing arrival which shouldn't be for a while longer. My thoughts are loud and booming in my head as I recall the events of me leaving.

We finally arrive at the hangar, which I had never been to before and I took in the large area, watching as pilots and troopers walked about doing their duties.

My eyes scan the area, looking for the ship that will be taking me to my mission. In the process, I see a familiar face that I haven't seen in a while.

Bane.

A few months ago, I would have expected seeing Bane again would have caused my breath to lock up in my throat.

I would have expected my head to stop beating as I was reassured that he was still alive.

I would have expected myself to want to run over to him and wrap my arms around him and rejoice that I could be near him again.

All of those things I expected are not what happened.

It's almost as if he was just an acquaintance to me. I looked at him and despite all of the memories, I felt nothing.

His eyes lock with mine for a second and he stares. I simply smile and give a slight wave before moving closer to Kylo to keep up with him.

It doesn't seem like Kylo noticed the exchange, but in case he did I rub my hand on his arm just to assure him I wasn't attracted to Bane. I know it sounds crazy but I really think he was just jealous of Bane.

Kylo reaches back and grabs my elbow before walking faster, forcing me to walk faster.

I scrunch my eyebrows at him, trying to figure out his problem.

It's not like I did anything wrong.

Maybe it's because we're in public and the others in command are at least represented here.

Of course he can't act like he usually does around me. It would show he's soft.

Crying is weakness. Softness. I tell myself not to even let tears come to my eyes as I think about my departure.

I look as the pilot of the small gimmick aircraft climbs onto it. I look between it and Kylo as other high ranks observe. Apparently this is a big deal.

"Get on the ship," Kylo says to me. "Your mission begins now."

His voice is all commander-like and sinister sounding, resonating with his power.

I'm hesitant about boarding. I want to say a proper goodbye to Kylo, but I don't know what to say.

"Don't just stand there. Get on." His words shock me out of my struggle.

I nod at him, becoming angry before he slightly pushes me, his hand still holding onto my arm.

The pilot's hand is out reached and I grab onto it, climbing on board. I look back to see Kylo even if he is in his mask just one last time.

He's already turned around and walking away.

To say I was upset with Kylo's actions was probably an understatement.

I was furious that he acted in such a way but if I have learned anything from him, it's to not let emotions get in the way.

He always told me that I needed to focus on tasks, not emotions and that's exactly what I am going to do.

I push as much of my emotion in the back of my conscious before closing my eyes and attempting to sleep.

"Lyra," Kylo says, looking at me intensely while his chest rises and falls quickly.

"Kylo," I reply, smirking at him as I mock the way he said my name.

"I don't need any sass today, we've already lost enough time."

"Oh, don't act like you wouldn't rather spend our time like this." I roll my eyes at him. "This is much better than training and you know it."

I reach up and run a hand through his hair but it gets stuck due to the messiness of his hair. I smile a little, knowing the cause of the tangles.

Kylo keeps his eyes locked on mine for a few seconds before he pushed off of me and stands up.

I watch him retreat to the weapon area and starts to gather tools for today.

I lean up and prop myself on my elbows so I can watch him easily.

I watch as sweat trickles down his bare back, a visual of how heated he just got.

"Are you just going to stand there and stare at me or are you gonna get up and get to work?" He asks without even turning back to glance at me.

I let out a slight noise resembling a growl before standing up and adjusting my bra. I walk closer to the table and decide to have a little more contact with Kylo.

Instead of moving to stand beside him, I walk up behind him and place my hands on his waist, slowly sliding them around the front of his body until they are splayed across his tight stomach. In this process, I've pressed my front up against his back.

He tenses a little bit at this, not sure how to react to my strange embrace.

"You're always so tense, Kylo. Would it kill you to loosen up?" I ask teasingly.

Without a second's pause, Kylo responds. "Yes. It would."

"Sure," I tell him, squeezing my arms around him tighter.

"Elson, we will arrive shortly. Assume position," the pilot tells me before walking back to the cockpit.

I walk over to the small seat and pull on the restraint just in case anything goes wrong in the crash landing.

Hopefully this one will be easier to exit than the last plane crash I escaped.

It seems like forever ago that I escaped from that burning aircraft and weakly stood up to the tall man in the black cape.

Now here I am escaping another crash for the tall man in the black cape.

Aye  I wrote some more!

I'm really excited about how this is going to develop because I'm not even sure yet but I have some rad ideas :)

Let me know if you have any suggestions/comments!

And go ahead and check out the first part of my upcoming book History! (Bout da bae Kylo)

xx